Tuesday, September 8, 2015

What is the Meaning of "God's Life?"



It wasn’t quite 5:00 am but my hair was washed and I had my coffee ready to sit down to read Genesis 35. I was looking forward to the week as we have had so many of our students receive Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and I wanted to make sure that they didn’t forget about baptism and getting into God’s Word on a daily basis. Reading the first verse of Genesis 35, I realized that Moses was in the story and I didn’t remember him from the day before and stopped to look at my journal, and sure enough I had written down Genesis 35 and continued the chapter as it was becoming quite interesting. 

“Wait a minute. This can’t be right,” I stopped and said to myself. I looked up and I had turned to Exodus 35 instead of Genesis 35. Have you ever done that? But the best part of the mix up was THAT was where the Lord needed me to park for the morning.  I wasn’t having a senior moment and dementia hadn’t set in either.  I was ok. So, I stopped to start again. This time I looked at this chapter for what God needed today for my life, for another’s life but more importantly for God’s life.
What does it mean “God’s Life?” If we are to be used of God, we need to know about this “life” of God. I asked my husband, “What do you see as “God’s life” as we try to compare it to living a life?" My husband accused me of trying to start a new religion. I just smiled knowing what he meant and of course that was not it! So, I then asked my Pastor.  Bless his heart. I hope I have a job tomorrow!

God’s life can be real deep, folks and this blog may be one of those you will not care to read, but I believe when you do, you will think more on HIS life, knowing without It, we are nothing.

We are NO THING. We are ZERO. We may be a BIG SHOT in the lives of others, but none of that matters if we don’t take the “Big” out and place it at Jesus’ feet. Then, and only then we may get a “shot” at doing something that may last for eternity.
  
So, if you want to know more about God, then tackle these next few verses or use them to lead a Bible study with others. It can be exciting to see women come to an understanding of “God’s Life” as the scriptures are read aloud and then discussed. Be ready for questions and then together, find the answers. So much scripture is given to us about His "life."

Ge 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

1.      God breathed life to give us life. He is life. Where did the breath come from? It came from God who is the beginning of all life. In this body of flesh we will die. God has given the beginning of life in the body to continue as we multiply. By the way, the only way to multiply is through a woman and man.

2Ti 1:9 & 10 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

2.      God sent us eternal life through His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God in the flesh; therefore, God is life, eternal. He desires to breathe that life in us, as well.

Joh 6:32 & 33 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

3.      God gave us His flesh (with life) to die so that the world could have THAT life flowing through them into eternity. We associate food to life. Jesus is our bread of life. God sustained the children of Israel by supplying them with the manna from heaven. We, who have received the true bread from heaven, have received His son, Jesus Christ. Don’t get confused as it is quite simple. 

4.      All life comes from God who is life from everlasting to everlasting….no beginning and no end. We are to live today as if we are sitting in eternity!

Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Matthew Henry says it pretty well regarding Genesis 2:7
“Here is a name given to the Creator, 'Jehovah.' Where the word 'LORD' is printed in capital letters in our English Bibles, in the original it is 'Jehovah.' Jehovah is that name of God, which denotes that he alone has his being of himself, and that he gives being to all creatures and things. Further notice is taken of plants and herbs, because they were made and appointed to be food for man. The earth did not bring forth its fruits of itself: this was done by Almighty power. Thus grace in the soul grows not of itself in nature's soil, but is the work of God. Rain also is the gift of God; it came not till the Lord God caused it. Though God works by means, yet when he pleases he can do his own work without them; and though we must not tempt God in the neglect of means, we must trust God, both in the use and in the want of means."

God’s life is in you if you breathe, but His eternal life is a choice. Why would you not choose eternal life?

Until next time, Lord willing.
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment