Monday, September 7, 2015

Saturation Point


Saturation means:  In a general sense, a filling or supply to fullness.

In graphics and imaging, color saturation is used to describe the intensity of color in the image. A saturated image has overly bright colors.

As a Christian, we want to be and should be saturated with Christ.  Our lives should reflect that fullness and there shouldn’t be room for anything else but the love and knowledge of God.

I was reading and studying this past week about the life of Jesus Christ.  Everything comes back to Christ doesn’t it?  Whether you believe Him or whether you don’t, in the end, every one of our knees will be bent on the ground and all of our mouths are going to confess Him as Lord.  It is a fact.  Why then do we fill our lives and minds with everything but Christ and the knowledge of Him? 

Jesus himself tells us that we are blessed if we hunger and thirst after righteousness, and I don’t know a person on earth who doesn’t want God’s favor on their life.  And yet, we saturate our life with Satan’s philosophies.  This in turn causes us to seek to fulfill our own lusts.  Then we wonder why our life is such a mess and blame it all on God when we find ourselves at the bottom. 

Let’s stop today and ask ourselves a question:  Is my day spent hungering and thirsting after righteousness or am I opening my mind to be filled with whatever comes along?  If we are actively seeking Christ in every move, word and deed, then we will sense when we are erring because the Holy Spirit will let us know.  But if we are open to “come what may”, then the devil doesn’t mind filling us up to completion with his garbage. 

Moses was a meek man the Bible says Numbers 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)  So we know he was not a man that was full of himself.  He knew he was not anything special on his own.  And I think it is this quality of being so empty of himself that caused him to pass those 40 days and nights with God listening as He gave the commandments.  He went in and talked with God and God’s glory saturated him to the point that his face showed it. Exodus 34:29-30 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him. And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him. 

What’s your face showing?

I have a problem with showing everything I think and feel on my face.   As a young adult I had some dental issues and my mouth was always frowning because I would try and hide a missing tooth.  People always thought that I was mad.  Sometimes I was, but most of the time I wasn’t.  I also have eyebrows that make my eyes look sad when my face is in a state of rest.  Add that to the frown and I can look pretty evil sometimes.

Last month I had some families over for dinner and we were discussing the new couple that moved in a stone's throw behind our house.  I was relating to my friends how I wanted to meet the wife, but she seemed afraid of me, and BOTH of my friends started laughing and said “Sheri, you are SCARY!”  I laughed with them, but once again I felt my heart droop because I don’t mean to be scary or mean looking….it is my stupid face.  I have to consciously hold my eyebrows up and now that I have my teeth fixed, I try and smile all the time, but who smiles when they are hanging laundry?  You know? 

I am telling you this because as a soul winner and someone whose life is lived to reach other people, I can’t afford for my saturation point to be any less than the Spirit of God’s fullness because my face doesn’t naturally help me out.  When I am away from the Lord, I imagine it is pretty easy to spot on this old frowning mug of mine! 

Let’s get to know God to the point that we desire to spend extra in His presence  and enjoy His company.  Let’s not be so saturated with the world that we don’t have room for God in our speech, our composure or our smiles.  The world is awful enough without having to put up with a bunch of worldly Christian ladies!

Check you levels….are you shining bright for Christ?

Until next time, Lord willing,

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment