Friday, September 18, 2015

Speaking Words of Praise



On my way home from school I stopped by Publix to pick up a couple of Quest bars for those emergency times of hunger to keep from stealing a six-pack of Hershey candy bars and gulping them down like a maniac! I have no sense about me when my addiction to sugar decides to attack my mind and then my body. I am ashamed to admit that, but it is the truth. I am the idiot women laugh at when they just can’t believe that someone would actually hide a foot long Three Musketeer in the bathroom. Been there and done that.

While looking for the Quest bars I picked up some potato chips for my husband. God bless his rotten self who can eat anything and not gain an ounce, when all of a sudden I realized I was at the wrong end of the store. Wait a minute, something is wrong. I don’t remember this part of Publix. Then, I realized that I had stopped at another Publix instead of my usual store. For a split second, I had lost myself having to ask a young man where the protein bars were located. As he walked me to the aisle I saw in my mind the other store and information began to connect with information. I was ok!

“Thank you Lord, for taking care of me.” 

In a previous blog I shared with you how we need to take notice of everything God has provided for us and then to praise Him for His goodness toward us.

Observations whether colorful or busy lead to memory which stores itself for future recall. It is one of the better tools for teaching youngsters how to learn a new concept or a list of items, numbers or groups of important places or things.  Consider yourself an overgrown youngster needing to learn a new concept, will you?   Being familiar with this Word of God can be like a Quest bar for those emergency times when an old habit wants to kick in gear. Stock yourself up with the good stuff and be prepared!   

You have taken the challenge to get to know God better this year. You have picked up your Bible every day, read it, written some great truths down and now the seeds are spread out with some good solid wet dirt sprinkled on top. Are you ready for Psalms and the praising that comes from David? It is there in the memory bank. See them growing? Write your own praise report. Take the steps back to Moses and the prophets. Walk with him as he journeys with the children of Israel. More seeds are producing beautiful flowers all around your feet. Do you see them? Take your own journey of helping others make it through difficult times. Praise Him for the strength He gave you during those times. The seeds have now produced a stem, then more leaves and eventually the branches spread out over the grounds, producing fruit and more seeds.

How is your visual right now? Are you at the sea shore with Jesus right before he says to you, “Go ahead. I’ll meet you on the other side. I need to help these people get back to their homes. Now, go on ahead. I’ll meet you there.” Have you given up rowing? Look around you again, remember His goodness and praise Him for it. Are you at corner where Peter stood and denied the Savior?   Did you get tired of your journey with him and you gave in, instead of standing up for Him, praising Him for his watch care and for His goodness.  At your fingertips are His Words. Pick it up again, and get started. Don’t lose sight of the beautiful garden that is still growing around your feet! See the colors, the different heights of growth? Praise Him for His blessings. Pick that foot up, and start walking. Remember to praise the Lord for His goodness, saying it out loud so that you (your heart) can hear!!! 

Mt 12:33-34 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.  O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Did you read that last part? Out of the abundance of YOUR heart the mouth speaks! Surely, you have much to give God the praise for as you look over this day, yesterday, and days past.  

Until next time, Friend, Lord willing…
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment