Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Psalm 119 Part II



Ps 119:4-8 ¶ Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. ¶ I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Today’s thoughts are a continuance of last week’s beginning of walking through Psalm 119 verse by verse. I'm not going to teach it verse by verse but I want to encourage you to try reading it as if God is speaking to you, and to you alone. Cry out to Him in the simplicity of it all. He wants to hear from you. Be honest in your approach to Him as crazy as you may feel and as weird as it might sound. Just Do IT! 

Has anyone told you lately that they love you? Eph 2:4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Read this over and over and over. You will need to tell yourself that someone loves you during the darkest hours while going through the change of life because you may feel not loved, therefore, you may treat others unlovely at times. BUT YOU DON’T HAVE TO....Don't get stuck there! I want to help you save your life if you will allow me to share this beautiful Psalm, a Psalm of love and praise unto our creator. You will benefit in more ways than you can imagine!

As you take each stanza and break it down to feed your inner self, you will begin to turn yourself inside out, upside down, and of some use to the Lord before your day moves into another and another and another. All the uglies that you feel will take over and dominate your thought life, kill your joy and make you good for nothing. You have a choice set before you:  YOU or the WORD!  Choose the Word. Now let’s get started……

God:    Ps 119:4 ¶ Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
You:   Lord I am in control. No, Lord, I’m not in control because I don’t know what to do right now. Does anyone care that I am out of control? My mind is spinning into one hundred thoughts. Help me to concentrate on your Word. I want to keep your precepts, your law. No, I don't Lord. I don't want to do anything right! I say I do, but I don't.  I fight it Lord, and I don’t know why. Help me, God to know YOU. I WILL do what I don't want to do. I submit to you, right now.

God:   Ps 119:5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
You:   I want my ways to be your ways. I want to walk in your ways, but I can’t focus at times. Why? Lord help me to focus and I know I will because I’m calling on you, right now, to keep me as the apple of your eye. No one wants to be around me. I don’t even want to be around me, but I know you need me to walk in your ways so that my way is directed by you. Here, take my hand Lord. I’m stepping out by faith. See, my ways CAN please you, Lord. I can do this!

(Dear Lady, when you literally get up whether in mind or body, and put your hand out to God, He will reach out to you. Know right now that He understands what we go through and will meet you there as you reach out to Him. Some women breeze right through menopause while others have jillions of issues. We are all different. If it isn't menopause, it could be a wayward child, a wayward husband.....oh me....or a financial night mare! Doesn't matter, does it? Our minds will play tricks on us when our abode is messed with.....trust me and trust all the other white heads out there who have gone through major trials in life. Learn from the elderly women, dear woman, but know that God's Word is the key to victory.)


God:   Ps 119:6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
You:   Lord, I’m ashamed of myself! I’ve messed up again. Right now, I’m turning around. I will be a witness for you today. Your commandments are perfect! I love them, but at times, I can’t do it. I admit it to you, Lord. Give me strength to reach out to people who feel worse than I do.I will shut my mouth about myself. I will not talk about it or fret about it.....only with You, God, I will fret. You understand my fretting. Just hear me, Lord, while I try to hear You. I'm going to sing, Lord, before I scream. I don't want to be ashamed today and have to apologize AGAIN AND AGAIN. I can do this! I have respect unto ALL your commandments, Lord.

God:   Ps 119:7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
You:   I'm going to memorize this verse, too, Lord. I will sing louder today and more today, even if I have to make up my own words. May the words from my mouth be praise unto You, Lord. I am learning thy righteous judgments. I may be learning them the hard way, but I am learning!

(You will need recorded scripture and recorded music for those days when you CANNOT do it. Punch the button, keep moving, and listen to His Word and to His music. Songs of scripture are perfect. Instrumentals are wonderful. Remember Saul? Remember David's music? It will soothe your troubled, mixed up mind! Trust me.)

God:   Ps 119:8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
You:   I did it Lord. I did it! I made it through half this day and I will make it through the other half. No one needs to know my crazy self. I am smiling, Lord because you have put a smile on my face. I feel you breathe on my face. I see you in the dark sky above. I feel you as the rushing wind touches my skin and as your warmth embraces my sorry self!  You are not forsaking me as I have forsaken You and my family at times. Thank you God for my family especially my husband. He is my perfect fit and you knew that even before I was born.

Dear Lady: 

Don't judge those who struggle. Pray for them IF you know about it. Hopefully, we walk so closely to God that others may not be affected by our CRAZY SORRY SELVES!  :)

Tomorrow, begin again and know that there is an end ..... somewhere, somehow, but WITH Someone who loves your CRAZY SORRY SELF even more than you love yourself!
 
What I have given you is an example of "how" to get through a day of hopelessness. The power is in God's Word as we put it to action in us. Remember, break it down into 22 days, memorize a scripture a day and read it out loud. Sing to the top of your lungs! You can do this because God in you wants all the glory. So, what are you waiting for........He stands ready to lead you. 


Until next time, Lord willing
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment