Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Life's Rearview Mirror



Psalms 66:19-20 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

Last night I was messaging with a friend and asked her to pray for me.  She responded that God would take care of everything....as He always has in the past.  At first, I thought, "Well, that is a flippant answer!"  But this morning as I was reading I came across Psalms 66 where the Psalmist says, "God HATH heard me" and I began recounting all the times He has heard and answered me in the past.  It wasn't long before I felt more and more confident that God is going to provide and help me in my current situation.  I just had to look in my life's rearview mirror and I could see all He has done.

On our journey to know God better, we could just think on what we ALREADY know about Him.  And one of those traits is that He is a prayer answering God.  He is able and ready to hear everything we lay before Him at any time of the day or night.  He knows what tomorrow holds and how to answer today's prayers in order to give us strength for what lies ahead. 

When I was in 2nd grade He sent a group of Child Evangelists by my church that sparked my interest in missions.  Why?  Because God was already in 1997 when He would ask Mark and me to surrender to be missionaries to Brazil.  He placed me with a boss that taught me organization skills in packing.  Why? Because He was in my future and saw I had four children on deputation.  He was even a few years ahead of that and knew I would move my belongings on a boat into the jungle.  He had my dad teach me to fish and be used to the water on a boat.  Why?  Because I would spend 7 years on the rivers in a boat.  He allowed me to eat something that would cause me to become gravely ill and almost die.  Why?  Because He was in my future and saw the elderly lady in the hospital that wanted to know Him and He needed my mom and me to be there to witness to her.  On and on and on I could go and so could you.  We can all think of how God's hand has orchestrated our lives for His glory.

What is the deepest, most painful thing you hold in your heart?  Did God hear you about that time in your life?  I can answer about my own pain and say emphatically YES! He sure did!  Then why don't we trust Him with our day to day?  Why do we want to keep hanging on to the reins and guiding Him?  He needs to be the One leading!  He knows where the potholes in the road are!  He knows if we need a flat tire or not.  He knows whether we need to detour or not.  Let's just trust Him.

This week I am traveling with my son and preparing to leave him in the states for college.  My life is full of change, yet again.  I would be so foolish to try and handle it on my own and relying on self help books more than prayer.  My God can and will take care of my children whether they are down the hall from me or thousands of miles away from me.  I have to choose to trust. 

My friend who reminded me that God will take care of everything was right.  He will.  I just have to look back at all the times He has in the past and I know for a fact I can trust Him with my future.  Take a look in your life's rearview mirror.  Don't you see where God took care of it all?  Then trust him with your problems today.  Live in confidence!  He won't fail you!

Until next time, Lord willing!
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment