Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Just Pray



Psalms 64:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

I know David was concerned at this point with a personal enemy of his own, but I read where this psalm was meant to be used for worship.  So we can call out like David did, to the very same God and ask Him to preserve our lives from the fear of the enemy. 

As a nation we face a great enemy tearing down our forefather’s original intent upon which our country was based.  As a people we face enemies from around the world that seek to kill us because of our freedoms.  As Christians we face enemies of the Gospel that would gladly throw the lot of us in jail rather than dispute our freedom of religion and speech.  All of these are real enemies.  All of these require prayer in order to after having done all we can, to stand for the Lord.  But the father and origin of all the above mentioned enemies is the same mastermind that took a tumble from Glory when he sought to be better than God. 

Today I lift my voice and beg God to hear it.  I ask Him to preserve my life from the fear of this enemy.  The enemy will in no doubt come lurking around my home today.  He may try and seek out one of my children and tempt them with some evil that could destroy their lives, so I need to ask God to preserve them.  But if I just sit around and do nothing, I will not be utilizing one of the most powerful tools I have as a Christian: Prayer.   

Last week I began a group on Facebook called, “Let’s talk to Him”.  It is about prayer.  Praying and sharing so that we don’t forget to come together as Christians and ask God to hear our voice.  Seems like everyone and their brother has a cause in this day and age.  People are standing for or against something everywhere.  Why don’t we stand together in prayer?  Seriously.  Not just talking about it or saying, “oh, that would be nice” but really and truly praying together and asking God to preserve our lives, the lives of our families and churches and pastors from the enemy?   

David thought it was important and then went on to proclaim in faith that God would shoot down his enemy.  You and I know that God will one day show His victory and no one will be able to question it, so shouldn’t that bolster our faith to pray that God would save a marriage or two?  Shouldn’t we pray with power believing that God would heal some of our friends suffering with cancer?  I know I am praying about our house situation right now.  My husband has to build it by himself before September.  Every last thing in the world keeps cropping up and keeping us from getting started.  We have to do little by little because of money, but even when we have money to pay for something, the workers don’t show, or the tractor can’t come and so on and so forth.  It is enough to make me feel anxious about what does God expect, but today I cry upward and ask God to hear my voice once again and preserve my life and work in it.  I know He hears me and I believe by faith He will answer.  The way will be made plain, the house WILL get built and God reigns regardless of how exasperated I get. 

My post today is simple.  Just pray.  Don’t over think it.  Don’t worry over it.  Just pray.  Talk to God.
- "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: "
- "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."
- "  Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, "

Until next time, Lord willing,
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment