Thursday, June 18, 2015

No Vain Janglings!



1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
1Ti 1:5 ¶ Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Sheri wrote yesterday about a united heart with Christ. I don’t want to extend that thought, but explore it a little as I see churches uniting with false teaching and not uniting with Christ.

It isn’t difficult to comprehend the motive of someone who has been misled by false teachings IF YOU KNOW THE SCRIPTURES.  A lie produces another lie. No truth can come from a lie except that a person knowing the scriptures will recognize the evil one.  Everything that is true and righteous must have its roots in the Word of God. If it doesn’t line up with the scriptures, we need to run from it instead of becoming entangled by it. To know more about God and His truth has been our goal since January 1, 2015, therefore, we are careful to stay with the Word, in the Word and of the Word.  This ole’ gal makes mistakes and I will be the first to admit that I am not right all the time about many things. Therefore, allow your measuring stick to be the Word of God, ALWAYS!

I am amazed at all the different beliefs popping up in the midst of our strong Bible believing churches.  Paul warns Timothy of the incorrect teaching at Ephesus:

1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

As I read this passage I was reminded of a recent trip Sheri and I took for the purpose of gathering information of our heritage and then of course, stopping at the popular Outlet Mall. Who can pass up an Outlet Mall and/or a Goodwill Store?  Just makes sense, right? Needless to say, we enjoyed seeing some relatives as we took pictures of those alive as well as taking pictures of graves and tombstones. One day, it will all end folks or have you thought about it lately? My heart wanted to scream out as I saw the old church swerve from the truth. The name of the church has changed as well as the teachings inside the building. How? Why? When?

1Ti 1:6-7 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Think today….pray today….get busy TODAY to keep truth alive and visible! Satan is not good at anything, but he is bad at everything!

We are blessed to have this Word of God which points us to Himself not away from Him! When you feel the swerve, or are in the midst of a swerve, get back on the road to truth. The Bible teaches that the way is narrow. 

Mt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mt 7:15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

If you are like me, then you have a strong desire to be united in Christ, not separated by junk! To be united in Christ keeps us in His face ready to be used at any moment in time.  Sheri and I stood at the steps of a relative that I had not seen since 1959, but we knew each other. Amazing! It was sweet to talk with her but even more precious to share our common belief about Jesus Christ. Before I left her home, I asked her if I could pray for her husband who was suffering from a stroke. She consented and as I walked to him sitting in a chair, he reached up with his “good arm” to me. I placed my hand on his arm and began praying. The Spirit of God was so strong I could hardly contain myself and I knew that God had heard me. My friend smiled at me and thanked me for praying. I love the Lord’s presence, don’t you? We can have that presence 24/7 if we don’t swerve to the left or right. A bad swerve will end in a bad wreck even death!

What more do I know about God, today? He doesn’t swerve. His way is narrow and few find it. His way is truth and ALWAYS lines up with His scriptures. No vain janglings, folks, no vain janglings!!!!

Until next time, Lord willing….
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment