Thursday, June 11, 2015

If we don't, they won't


Proverbs 19:20 Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I am blogging today about a subject that is a difficult one.  Shouldn't be, but it is.  This isn't just for mom's with small children either.  This is for every single Christian reading my words.

If you and I don't decide to follow the Lord in every area of our lives, those who are following in our steps won't.  If we don't, they won't.

What is it going to take for us to submit to the teaching of God's Word and obey Him in every area of our life?  Why don't we stop our worldly living and thinking and give our way over to Him?  If we don't, they won't.  Who is the "they"?  Anyone you have influence over in your life.  Even those whom you don't believe you have an influence, like the girl at the ticket booth at Disney, or the Chinese guy behind you in a line at the store, or the car rental girl on the phone.  EVERYONE you come in contact with is under your influence for a space of eternity and time.  Some longer than others, therefore your influence is stronger.  Some for a fleeting moment where your testimony could point them in the right way.

We should always be living to minister, even if those around us do not get saved, we should be pointing them in the right direction by our words, deeds and attitudes.  I fail at this so terribly that I am trembling as I type.  My judgment in Glory will not be a pretty one to observe.  If you happen to be near and within listening range on the day I stand in front of the Saviour, please do me a favor and put your fingers in your ears and turn your head.  It will be something truly awful to observe.  I told the Lord this morning I just want to do His plan so I don't have to look at Him in the eye one day knowing I purposefully disappointed Him.  And if I don't purpose in my heart to let Him reign in my actions, then I am purposefully disobeying and disappointing Him. 

If you and I don't take a stand for Christ, our children won't.  If you and I don't take a stand against sin, our friends won't.  If you and I don't please God with our testimony, strangers won't even want to get to know Him.  If we don't, THEY won't.

I know where I need to better my life and where I need to pick up the standard again and wave it.  Do you?  Have you been lax in speaking up for the Lord?  Find your voice again.  Have you gone on auto pilot concerning issues in our churches today?  Wake up and ask God to revive your heart for Him and His work again!

We may be women, but we have the power in us to persuade for good or evil.  I could list a lot of examples from the Word here from Jezebel to Jochebed and Abigail to Sapphira, and we could see the tragic or wonderful results of doing what was wrong or right.  But why not just look at ourselves.  Let's take the stand we need to in the Lord, because if we don't, They won't!

Until next time, Lord willing,
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment