Tuesday, November 10, 2015

God of Peace



Hebrews 13:20  Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to who be glory for ever and ever.  Amen.

Revelation 4:11  Thou art worth, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power:  for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God can't lie, change or falsely condemn and punish.  He is Righteous and does everything to perfection.

Why?

Why is God so perfect?

Because He is God.  Your God.  Your creator.  He can be nothing less than perfect and that perfection calls for Peace.

You and I can walk into a situation and out of nowhere be faced with a decision that could potentially change our lives.  We can choose to blow up and ruin a relationship, demanding answers when there are none to be given.  We can even choose to walk away, turning our backs on what is right.  But none of these things will bring peace.  We may think we are acting in such a way that we are removing problems so that we will have more peace, but in the end, we will suffer the consequences because we have not dealt rightly with God concerning His will, which is peace.

God is working to make you perfect in every good work to do HIS will.  He is working peace all the time.  He is drawing sinners to Him so they might find peace.  He is working in your life in ways you cannot understand so that you will experience peace with Him and man.  Peace is something He desires for you.  We are to put on the armor as we war against the flesh, but as we battle we can do so IN PEACE knowing we are obeying the God of Peace.  Where God is, there is peace.  Walking in the Spirit means walking in Peace.

Are you in turmoil over something?  Then you are not totally giving it over to the Lord.  I keep trying to remind my own self of this fact and bring myself into subjection to His will, so I know it is easy for me to say and harder to actually do.  I find that my own will is what is leading me most of the time and it is because of my own stubbornness that I create turmoil rather than walk in the peace offered to me by the God of Peace.

It always comes back to His Word, the Truth.  We have to remind ourselves of Who He is and bring our thoughts in line with His.

I think the main peace God brings is between Himself and man through the person of Jesus Christ.  I hope you know this Savior who came to seek and to save that which was lost.  If not, you will never have true lasting peace that God offers.


Until next time, Lord willing,
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment