Monday, November 23, 2015

Buzzards Everywhere!



Sheri, what in the world are all those buzzards doing on the street?”


“Mama, the Brazilians call them urubus. They are picking up the sewage from last night here in Barcelos. It runs freely down this street.”


The sewage and everything that comes from these so called “homes” runs freely down the street? What does that mean? The street where my grandchildren will run and play? Oh my! I looked up and down the tiny road in front of my daughter’s house and thought, “Oh Lord, they are all going to die before this year ends. There is just too much disease right here within spitting distance. I can’t bear to think of it.”


Standing in front of her little wooden home, I watched the “ootaboo” (my pronunciation) by the droves, fly in and sweep up the filth and take it away.  “Thank you Lord for your buzzards! I will never complain again about these scavengers!”


Did you know that the stomach acid of this vulture is so corrosive that it is able to digest putrid carcasses infected with Botulinum toxin, hog cholera and anthrax bacteria, or so it said when I googled it. To other scavengers this stuff would be lethal. Now, may I ask you, “Who made the buzzard?” My God who loves you and me made such an animal for the purpose of cleaning up after the dead! Talk about highway clean up! Thank you, Father! Seriously, as I looked out the front window and watched these vultures like flies outside, I became ever so thankful! (I also watched my every step when I walked around outside, too.)


As I read about the buzzards and other vultures, I found out that they live on every continent but Australia and Antarctica! Did you know that? Just google it sometimes and you can be as smart as I am. Right? Wrong!  If you want to know more about God, googling is not the place to go...... open your Bible if you want to know more about this God who made the buzzard and every other creature here on earth. If you google “God” you will come up with man’s opinion instead of the truth and may be convinced to believe a lie.


Ge 1:1 ¶ “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”

From the start He has been and to the end, He will be. The very first words in this great beautiful Book begin with Him and the very last chapter in this same glorious Book end with Him.


Re 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.


In the beginning He made the orubu and He said Ge 1:31 “And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good…..” Do you know why it was good? Because HE MADE IT FOR HIS PURPOSE. As we have looked at numerous scriptures this year, together, I am praying that you have seen God in every story and hopefully have seen that reading and studying His Word you can know Him better. What we see as not important and useless, God sees it as an opportunity for others to SEE Him. As you read the chapters which are made up of words, remember, these are His Words. Therefore, every Word must be read and read again year after year after year. You and I will never get totally full of God’s Word because the more we read the more we SEE to read!


My Preacher gave me an old copy of “The Pursuit of God” by A.W. Tozier. Brother Tozier reminded me that my pursuing of Him is only fed by His pursuing me to pursue Him! Praise the Lord! Pursue after God. Dig in the Word and by the way, pick up the Book to lay out before you in the mornings. Leave your computer and phone somewhere else. Try it! The computer and your phone are used for other things and may come in handy to look up scriptures and such, but when you are pursuing God, bathing in His Word, pick up the real Book! Hold it in your hand, smell the pages, and fall in love with Him anew every morning! Thank Him for the “buzzards” in life and find good in everything He has made because HE HAS MADE EVERYTHING FOR HIS PURPOSE!


Ne 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Jer 14:22 Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles that can cause rain? or can the heavens give showers? art not thou he, O LORD our God? therefore we will wait upon thee: for thou hast made all these things.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Until next time, Lord willing.
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment