Thursday, November 12, 2015

God is Unstoppable



Acts 5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

Have you ever thought about what it will take to stop you?  Whether it be stopping you from serving God or sinning against Him, what will it take to stop you in your tracks?

As a sophomore in college I took a summer job for a temp company as a secretary.  They placed me all over Ocala in different types of stores from plumbing to a horse farm.  One week I was asked to work at one of the banks downtown.  I was excited for the opportunity and showed up each day trying to do what I thought was my best.  By the end of the week I collected my paycheck and struck out for the bank in one of my dad’s sports cars from his car lot.  I zipped through the back streets toward Barnett Bank and WHAM!  I was hit by a car I had not seen coming.  I flew to the passenger’s seat and almost out the door.  I was stopped dead in my tracks.  I suffered minor injuries, and the accident shook me up for days. 

Life is like that sometimes isn’t it?  We worry about cancer, our children being abducted, losing our jobs, and other scary events, but usually the ones we DO NOT see coming are the ones that take us off our feet and cause us to lose our balance in life.  We wake up one morning and wonder how in the world we got in the mess we are in, or cry until there is no voice left inside us to put our hurt into words.  We are stopped.

We get halted because we are human and have a human nature.  It happens to the best of us and it happens to the worst of us.  We arrive at a point where we can go no further, but this has NEVER happened to God.  He is Unstoppable. 

Yes, that’s right!  Nothing can stop God!  Not you, not me, not the world, not the devil.  God is all powerful and sovereign.  Once He begins a work in you, it won’t stop.    Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 

Even if His work and His will are persecuted, He cannot be stopped.
Acts 8:1-4 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles. And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him. As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison. Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Nothing can stop our God. 

Has He called you to do something?  Did you meet with resistance?  Keep going forward because He is in you, working in you and He cannot be stopped. 

Has He promised you that He would meet your needs?  Yes!
Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
So why are you letting the lack of a job stop you from trusting?

Has He promised that His grace is sufficient?  Yes.
2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

So why are you stopped in depression and giving up?  Your sin, your sadness, your stopping can not stop Him from completing Romans 8:28 and working everything to His glory.

When you are made to feel like you are of little worth to a spouse, an employer, a friend or a ministry, remember the God that resides within you can’t be stopped and ultimately, you can’t be either if you are surrendered completely to His will in your life.

Sin may bring harsh consequences that you have to learn to live with or alter your life around, but it shouldn’t be the reason you stop.  Take a deep breath and ask God to help you see HIS strength that is available to you as His child.  He is unstoppable!  Your lack of attention towards Him has never lessened His love for you or stopped it.  Not even close! 

God is pretty amazing, wouldn’t you agree? 

Until next time, Lord willing,

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment