Thursday, December 3, 2015

I think myself Happy!



My emotions were just too much for me when I read the following  passage this morning and I began to cry.


Ac 26:2 I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews:
Ac 26:3 Especially because I know thee to be expert in all customs and questions which are among the Jews: wherefore I beseech thee to hear me patiently.

 Paul, who has been with God now for many, many years, suffered ever so much for the cause of Jesus Christ. Oh my goodness, people, how God loves you! What has he delivered you “from” in order to deliver you “to?”  How many times do we fight God as He tries to mold us into that useful vessel that is needed today?

Ac 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
Ac 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
Ac 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

We cannot forgive people their sins, can we? BUT…..as God delivers us from certain crowds, trains us His way, He can send us back into those crowds with the purpose of the following:
1.       To open their eyes only by using His eye opener, the Holy Scriptures by the power of His Holy Spirit.
2.      To turn them from darkness (just like we once lived) but only by giving them this Word of God through the power of His Holy Spirit.

You and I cannot make a person listen, hear and receive the gift of salvation but we MUST exhaust all means to give them the Word! The rest is up to the Holy Spirit. Paul was HAPPY to do exactly that. He was full of confidence and it was showing to his crowd. Even King Agrippa said, “Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.” Paul gave him the truth and his eyes began to open but King Agrippa chose to NOT turn from the power of darkness to the power of the Holy Spirit to finish what Paul began!

Jas 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

This kind of happiness cannot be understood by carnal man, can it? The joy of the Lord is beyond definition. Happiness in Christ will never be understood by the world. They want it, but only for selfish reasons and the sad part about it is this…….We become more happy (I’m sorry, English teachers) as we give up our own happiness for the cause of Christ.

1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

I’m crying, crying, crying…..can’t help myself, Paul. You were something else! I like to think that he was smiling in happiness for Jesus Christ. To God, that you and I would be so full of Jesus that when others are around us, they would desire Him!

Now, I’m going to get very personal with you….ready?

What do you do really well? Cook? Sew? Sing? Teach? Serve? Write? Make money? Supervise? Obey? (even your husband?) Grow “stuff” like plants, veggies, flowers? Create things? Paint? Build?  Will you stop and think “What can I do with this that I have confidence in, for the Lord Jesus Christ?”

I have a friend, Kathy Weakland, who often tells me, “I’m not a multi-tasked person like you, Sharon.” And…..your point? None of us are alike! But did you know that this friend of mine is like THE most patient listener that I know of who goes out of her way to help other women…......like none other!!! She is an excellent cook among other things. She uses her “confidence” for the Lord. How are YOU doing? There is absolutely NO excuse for not picking up “your confidence” and running with it in the name of Jesus Christ!

After reading a facebook post by one of my friends, Marcy Marsh, I wrote this short poem:

I stare into the darkness and God’s eyes see mine
I wonder where my life went as I look behind
Oh to God that I would stay in His footprints ahead
Leading others to Him instead
Of falling prey to the one who keeps pulling me away.

You see, God’s steps are right there in front of us but His eyes are staring at us while we walk in this fullness of life. Whatever you do well is given to you by HIM for His purpose. So, if you cook well, COOK! Ask Him who is to receive it. Put tracts in your dish, not tracks…..and allow the Holy Spirit to do something miraculous with that confidence you have!!! As you exercise that confidence you may be surprised at what else God may give you to do. Now, friend, that makes me smile! 

Oh Paul, to God I would continue in the confidence of Him who died, rose again and is coming back for me, the sorriest Christian ever but a beautiful Princess in the precious eyes of our LIVING God! I think myself happy!

Until next time, Lord willing,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment