Wednesday, December 2, 2015

God is Simply Perfect




Mark and I are in the final phase of building our house.  If you have ever gone through this, you will agree that construction can add a lot of stress!  There is always a decision to be made, a part to purchase and a bill that is due.  It seems as if the day of completion will never arrive, yet it is all so exciting at the same time. 

We have been trying to get doors and windows for the cheapest price possible.  We finally found a small lumber yard that had wooden windows that look like the ones on Little House on the Prairie.  You know the kind with a bunch of square panes?  Well, this place had everything we needed, everything except for the front door.  We want a wide double door so that our furniture can fit through it but they said it would take 3 months to get it made.  Why 3 months you ask?  Because, like I mentioned in Monday’s post, everything is on hold until after Carnival down here.  It is just the way it is.  Only problem is, we need a front door now, not next year.  And we need the doors and windows so we can run the electric.  If Mark runs the wires today, I can guarantee you that tomorrow they will have already been stolen.  Wire is expensive and many years ago we learned a high priced lesson while building in the Amazon.  Everything should be under lock and key.  But, I digress!  Back to the front door.

The week we searched for someone to make a door for us we stopped by a doctor’s office to pick up one of our ladies for church.  As she got into the car she asked, “Pastor, by chance, do you and Sheri need a front door for your new house?”  Mark and I glanced at each other and raised our eyebrows.  Mark affirmed to her our need and she said, “Because my boss recently changed out our office door but the only problem is it is a double door and very wide.”  Mark smiled, as did I, and we backed our car up to the building and loaded the doors!  But the story doesn’t end there.  The doors are not just plain, ugly wooden doors.  They are Mahogany!  They are simply beautiful! And they only cost us 25 dollars.  Yes, you heard me right.  25 bucks.  You can’t beat that!

Why am I telling this story?  Well, for one, I want to share my blessing because many of you have been on this journey with us since we purchased the property.  You have given and prayed and followed along in all that God has done, so I want you to see His goodness.  But my other reason for sharing is because it is a perfect example of how we can see God at work. 

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

There was nothing wrong with those mahogany doors at the doctor’s office for them to need to be replaced.  But God was at work.  He did something in the doctor’s heart to make him want to change out the doors at his office.  Why?  I believe God did it to fill our needs.  You may think that is selfish, but I do not.  I believe that is exactly the way God does things, otherwise I can’t claim Romans 8:28, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite life verses.  All things do indeed work together for good for our family because we love God and we are called according to His purpose. 

Could God burn down our wooden house and mahogany doors tomorrow?  Yes, He can and will do what he wants, but it will still not change what He has already done!  What has He already done?  Shown me that He cares and caused me to give Him glory!  THAT cannot be taken away! 

There is no ying and yang.  There is God.  God can’t be added to or taken away from, period.  He will allow good and blessing, but He will also allow rain and storms.  He is just perfect like that.  What I am trying to get us to see today is His perfection. 

As you get to know Him better, you will be able to look back and see where He has moved and worked in your own life.  This week His perfection in my life is a literal set of mahogany doors.  Every time my family comes home and we walk through those doors, I will be reminded of what God has done.  I believe in the future there will come a day that I walk through those doors with a heavy heart and sadness, but as I place my key in the lock, I will remember that God is perfect.  He is placing those doors in my house because He wanted to bless me with something beautiful and also to remind me it is HIS doing.  God is simply perfect.

2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

Take time to focus on Him and His working in your life.  Remember the blessings and it will help you through the storms.  Rely on your PERFECT God.  He will not fail you!

Until next time, Lord willing,

Sheri

1 comment: