Tuesday, December 22, 2015

God is in us!



Isaiah 50:10 Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

My mom gave me some great advice that I want to pass on to you today.  She and I were discussing changes and she said this, “Don’t believe in yourself, believe in God IN you.”  Boy, I tell you something, those 9 words stopped me in my tracks!    I can’t rely on Sheri, but I do know for a fact God’s Holy Spirit resides in me and I CAN believe and rely on Him, come what may!

This whole entire blog has been about getting to know God better.  Not man’s definition of a god, but the One True and Living God, Jehovah.  I have enjoyed every post and the Scriptures and thoughts we have meditated on about Him, haven’t you?  I feel as I have gotten to know Him better.  But mom’s advice pushed me even one step closer!  He is in me and if I will let Him, He can handle everything tomorrow holds. 



Are you facing a giant?  God is in you, He isn’t worried.

Psalms 42:11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.



Are you depressed and filled with unrest?  The God of all Peace resides in you, let Him share that joy in your heart and mind!

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.



Are you facing an enemy? God is for you!

Psalms 56:9 When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.



Situation after situation, mountain highs and valley lows, none of it changes the fact that, as a child of God, HE resides in me and faces it all with me.  How I go through 2016 will be determined by how much I take the back seat and let God fill me and use me. 

Think on the fact He is there with you today.

Until next time, Lord willing,
Sheri

                                                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment