Thursday, December 10, 2015

God is worthy of ALL our glory and Praise




Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

 Psalms 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.


Psalms 57:5 Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.

Psalms 64:9 And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.

Revelation 5:12-13 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. 


My mom has a way of looking at things that most people do not.  If faced with adversity, she thinks about people who have it worse and still gives God the glory.  If faced with disappointment, she thanks God for the trial and tries to learn from it to give Him more glory.  She won't like me saying these things, but she is the perfect example for what I am going to write about today.  Giving God the glory He deserves.

Right now I am facing an unknown.  Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can share more, but for now, I am literally standing on what most people would consider thin ice or uneven ground.  I read the book of Job and tried to wrap my mind around how he faced all his trials and says, "the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."

I want to have that type of faith, I WANT to glorify the Lord, but it is scary at the same time.  Our minds race ahead as one of my friends put it.  So, I figure the best way to give God the glory is to make a decision that I am relaxing in His Will....come what may.

God deserves it.  He is the only One who knows what my life holds next month.  I can plan, I can scheme, I can organize and I can also sit down and cry, but nothing will change what God wants to do FOR HIS GLORY, so why do I want to try and change it?  Why do I want to buck against it?

Can I get a witness?  Do you all feel the same way when waiting to see what God is doing?  Let's make a decision together to glorify Him no matter what.  He is worthy, and not just of our Sunday singing and hand raising.  He is worthy when we are all alone and scared.  

My mom speaks things out loud sometimes in order to make her position known to the enemy and to praise God out loud.  I am drawing strength from her example and Job's.  If you could hear my voice right now, I would be saying, "To God be ALL the glory".  Now, by the time this blog closes and ends for the year, I will be able to share what God has or is doing.  Either through tears of pain or joy, I will share and I will glorify Him.  Will you do the same with me?  Let's get to know Him, and sing to Him praises while we do!  

The enemy can't combat a bunch of us Christian sisters singing and praising!  

Until next time, Lord willing,
Sheri

1 comment:

  1. I will praise Him! I will praise Him! Praise the Lord! Praying for you Sheri, whatever is going on find comfort in the Lord and continue to praise Him!!! love you

    ReplyDelete