Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Details matter...



Marked in the margin of my Bible is the date February 18, 2008 and every year since that day, I stop and thank God for being my refuge in times of trouble as well as my haven in times of rejoicing. I had been praying for Mark and Sheri. These were difficult days but God gave me these verses just for me and I received peace that everything was going to be alright.

Ps 46:4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
Ps 46:5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
The small detail in God's Word, "God is in the midst of her" stared at me. Looking at the total content and context of that scripture I was not ignorant of God's teaching, but that small detail was all I needed to know that God was speaking directly to me at that particular moment. By faith, I picked it up and tucked it into my soul!

When you and I go to the Lord entering His presence crying out to Him to hear us, we already have the promise that He hears, but until we look down at His Word finding that promise, we tend to doubt, don’t we? So why do we ignore the written promises of God? They are there for us! They are our sanctuary, if you please. 

Once I read the verse that God was in the midst of Sheri, I put that scripture out before me like a map. I traveled that day and weeks ahead with total confidence in God.  People need the promises of God to lay before them if they are ever to grow in faith. This kind of prevailing faith is essential in our lives if we are ever going to venture out and do anything worth while for God. 

What good are we if we just get saved by faith and sit!

Step outside your comfort zone today and reach for the impossible dream and I’m not talking about some fantasy world, but the world of the Lord Jesus Christ as He leads you to other people in dire need of Him. Walk in His sanctuary as you think on your own personal needs. His promises are to you as your eyes stop to look and your heart believes the promise.  To have a faith that is prevailing is to study God’s Word looking for those promises and giving them out to others on a daily bases. If you do not have many promises memorized, then make a list and put it in your Bible. Go to them as needed during the day.  Faith! It is like spreading seeds ALL DAY LONG! While you spread the seeds, YOU are growing as well. It is hard to doubt, when Jesus is holding your hand isn’t it?

I read Exodus 29 this morning and wondered, “Lord, what is it that I need to see in all this detail of the sacrifices?”

Ex 29:46 And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.

There it was, the promise ……. “that I may dwell among the them: I am the LORD their God.” He specifically has given them the details and each one must be carried out exactly as He said. His details mattered for the blessings to come. If we don’t know the promises, how will we be able to claim them? Look for the details.

I see Jesus standing waiting for you and me to smile at Him and say, “Well, here I am as poor and wretched as I am but because of you, Jesus, I will begin today, to not only claim each one as you show me, but believe it for myself.”

The journey to knowing God more than you and I did yesterday is not easy. We may have to go to the cross and stay for a while. You and I can climb up on the cross with Him, or bow ourselves below. Take your spot, but it must first begin at the cross. He has already taken care of the details, friend. What a Savior! What a Savior! Without Him, you can do nothing!

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Lu 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Run after Him today. Crawl up into His arms, arms which have already stretched on the cross for every rotten sin that you and I have ever committed or ever will commit. He will do the rest and all those details are His business. He will show you what you need to do AND He will give you the promises while you take refuge IN Him.

Until next time, Lord willing.
Sharon



No comments:

Post a Comment