Monday, August 10, 2015

God Wants Us to Trust Him



When I was a little girl my family lived in a single wide trailer.  The living room floor had a yellowish shag carpet that "stuff" could get caught in easily.  Now,  I never walked anywhere at that age, I ran.  There were important things to do in my life, like playing with my plastic doctor's kit, climbing up the pear tree and having dirt bomb fights with the neighbor kids. If I walked, something could catch me or I might miss something going on outside, so I was always running.

One day as I tore through the living room, on my way to somewhere important, I felt a searing pain in my foot.  I looked down to examine it and man oh man was I grossed out!  There jutting out of my foot was a toothpick.  Surely the foot would have to be amputated and I would be in a wheelchair the rest of my life!  (at least that is the way I exaggerated my plight to be!!) My dad came and sat down on our vinyl black couch that had grey duct tape covering the holes and then Mama came over behind me.  They examined my foot as I whimpered and cried my large crocodile tears.  Daddy looked at me and said he was going to pull the toothpick out.  He said he wanted me to count to 3 with him and then he would take it out.  So, I began to count.  1.... 2....he never got to three.  He had taken my mind off of the pain and yanked on "2".  The toothpick came out and I hadn't even felt it.  That was the day I remember seeing my dad as the coolest guy on the planet for the first time.  He had my trust.

Over the years I have found that, other than my husband, my daddy is my closest friend.  There is nothing I have to hold back from him and he never alters his opinions just to please me.  He tells me exactly how he feels about a subject and if I ask, he will give me advice and pray.  Over and over I have learned I can trust him because I know he loves me.  My sister would say the exact same thing. We are truly blessed with a dad that is Christlike.

I started the month of August on the blog with a post entitled, "What does God want?"  I posted last week that He wants us to Go.  Today, I want to remind us that He wants us to Trust Him.  Read the following verses:

2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. (He is a protector and shield)

Psalms 4:5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.

Psalms 9:10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Isaiah 26:4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

Sometimes we stick our necks out in faith of what God has shown us, but man will make us doubt. This is when we need to obey the Lord and trust Him.  God wants us to trust Him!  Here is an example:

Right now we are down to the wire trying to get our house built.  My husband and son are working night and day and it is a little crazy around here right now!  Every day as my husband toils away with construction, a neighbor from up the road stops by and begins criticizing each and everything he sees .  He is just one of those "know-it-alls".  Mark has already built a house, two churches and a bunch of stuff in between, so this isn't his first rodeo, but he listens to the man go on and on about how they do things here in Brazil, etc. etc. etc.  More than once Mark has been tired and worn out and that will be right about the time his very own Sanballat comes along and starts criticizing.  Should Mark just lay his hammer down and go home thinking that maybe God is not in the middle of all this?  NO!  God wants him to trust Him!

When you are busy doing what God has told you to do, trust me, there will be negativity!  Someone won't like something and they won't mind voicing their opinions!  But, let me remind you of some great verses:

Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Psalms 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

 1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

God wants us to trust Him, with everything.  Has He told you to do something?  Do it!  Is man making you doubt?  Trust God instead!  Go to the Word and remind yourself of Who is really in charge and trust Him to keep guiding and directing your life.

Until next time, Lord willing!
Sheri






No comments:

Post a Comment