Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Go Forward!



As I wrote my last post I got to thinking about the day I repented of my sin and accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour.  I was a 15 year old basketball player growing up in church and attending a Christian school.  I thought I was saved until one day I heard my coach, Mrs. Sivley, give her testimony.  The Holy Spirit pricked my heart and I wrestled for three days in conviction.  Finally on a Sunday night after the preacher finished his sermon I booked it down the aisle to get saved. 

When I was 15 I didn’t understand or know a lot of what I know now about the workings of the Holy Spirit or how God draws someone to Him, but I knew I felt clean and a part of the Family of God.  Remember that song?  We used to sing it a lot in those days. 

You and I are on this journey in 2015 to get to know God better.  But your relationship with Him started the day you asked Him to save you.  Remember that day?  Have you lost sight of the fact that YOU made Heaven ring with shouts of joy once upon a time?  Yes, YOU!  The Angels sang and rejoiced the day your name was written in the Book of Life!  YOU made God smile!  He accomplished His personal will when He gained you as a child!  You were adopted into His family and He has loved and cared for you ever since!

"Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, who he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy."
Psalms 107: 2

Sometimes we need to go to a quiet place and reflect on our position in Christ.  We are in Him and He is in God. He loves us, cares for us and is ready and able to meet our needs.  Our flesh tells us we are unlovely and too despicable to be cared for by such a Great God.  But Sheri made Heaven rejoice…..that isn’t the response to someone that God doesn’t care about!

You are a pretty important person to the Lord.  You ought to spend the rest of the year getting to know Him better and telling others about Him.  He will even carry your load with you as you do.  He knows you have that daughter who is an addict.  He knows your husband has stepped out on you.  He knows your family is a mess.  He knows your best friend turned her back on you and made you feel like the dirt under your shoe.  He knows you are struggling with your own personal vices.  He knows you are doing your dead level best to keep your finances in the black and out of the red.  God knows and wants you to cast ALL that on HIM as you live.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Grace is greater my friends.  And it is that Grace that caused you to turn to the Lord once upon a time anyway.  Live in it!  Let it abound in your life and go forward!

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels." Isaiah 61:10

Until next time, Lord willing,

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment