Friday, August 7, 2015

Crossing the Line



My husband and I watched a couple of red birds jump from limb to limb on our flourishing fig tree.  I clapped my hands until they flew off but they landed on the guava tree. Again I clapped my hands, stood and they flew right by me to the avocado tree.

“Those sorry sap suckers must be hungry!” I said to Terry.

“Well, I guess they have to eat as well as we do,” replied my husband.  Not the answer I wanted to hear!

“Why do you think they keep coming back to the same tree only to be shooed off?”

“It’s familiar ground, Sharon and besides, God looks after them and supplies their need.”

“Oh, like the coon, you trapped and killed under the grape vine?"

The glaring stare and silence came and I knew that my smart mouth had crossed THE LINE! Ever crossed the line?

As I studied I John 5, I parked at the familiar verses below. Read with me about crossing the line of no return.

1Jo 5:14 ¶ And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
1Jo 5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
1Jo 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1Jo 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
1Jo 5:18 ¶ We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

I hesitated to write on this scripture, but I just couldn’t get away from a few thoughts. We are living in a time where there is so much topsy turvy thinking especially as we face this upcoming election.  Folks, I’ve never seen the likes of it before! As Christian women who have the privilege to be in leadership, we have to make our stand against certain sins that will push this next generation over the edge.We have the means to get more involved.

Two deaths, less than a week a part, happened to families I personally knew. Life is but a vapor. There is no respecter of persons, age, or gender.  Is “Heaven Sounding Sweeter All the Time?” or could it be the opposite?  May I encourage you to ask God to enlighten you in the scriptures as you study to know Him more, and make yourself available to warn those who are closest to you?   
Why do we avoid talking to family? I know why I don’t and you probably have the same reasons but if you knew that their sin was a sin unto death, would you change your mind?

Ask God to direct you, but be ready as He gives you that perfect opportunity or is it too late? Maybe they have “crossed the line” and have sinned unto death.  Ananias and Sapphira crossed the line. Get familiar with the meaning of this story in Acts 5. Don’t be afraid but be bold, not condescending, but loving with compassion ready to lay your own life down to help them "see" their sin. It’s a terrible feeling to have family so confused and out of God’s will while watching them think they are born-again when all the while they are lost in their sin.  If you have a born-again family member in deep sin, you’ll see the evidence as they go from one trouble to another and even to death. 

Where do you fit in all this? We have to get more involved, quickly as everything is moving faster and faster and faster toward the rapture.

I realize there is much controversy over this passage and because of it, I hesitated as I wrote about it, BUT God would not allow it!  So, if the truth be known, do you have a loved one who needs to be warned, and loved back to God before it is a sin unto death?  It will be worth the trouble to find out, friend, wouldn’t you agree before they cross the line.

Until next time, Lord willing…
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment