Friday, August 21, 2015

Abuse: God Hates it!



This blog is a continuation of a previous blog, “Abuse, I Hate It!”  You may be the victim or the abuser. God has the answer for YOU.  Our journey to knowing Him covers every area in life. He has not left us without help. So what does the Great I AM say?

Ps 22:24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard

Know this about Him:  He hears you! There it is in Psalm 22:24 No matter how much you have cried and pleaded before, stop right now and tell him that you trust Him that He has heard you.

Ps 18:48-49 He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.  Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.

Know this about Him:  1. He loves you.   2. He will tell you what to do.   3. Thank Him for helping you as you reach out to His help. Friend, there is POWER in His Word, but you have to activate it by believing it!

Ask someone to help you. This person who has inflicted pain needs to be confronted and helped. It may mean an arrest.  If you keep this, this person will neither be confronted nor helped. Do you want to see them helped? Do you desire for them to stop this abuse? You may not be the only victim. If this person is your spouse, then you may be able to truly help them in the name of Jesus Christ. I cannot tell you what to do except lead you to and through God’s Word.  God does not leave us who are His, without help. He offers it to us freely.  This person who has hurt you may be hurting others and must be stopped. God will show you as you reach out to Him and to His helpers. Ask Him to direct you. I promise, based upon His Word, He will direct you! If you are afraid, then claim these verses. Again, it is the power of Him.

Lu 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

They called her a horrible name because of her smell.  I got to know her that year, years ago, and became friends to a teen age girl who had no friends. It was difficult for me to reach out to her.  I was called to the high school because she came that day despondent, ready to run away and worse than I can even describe. I made up my mind as I begged God to direct me to find out the truth. The worst was suspected, but I had no proof. 

We sat in the sun on the porch of the school. I asked questions but she would not speak. I waited and touched her arm. She did not move, but began to weep. Most of the morning had slipped past us while students came and went. They knew that she was in trouble. I was not going to leave her and felt compelled to go ahead and call the authorities to come. I waited. She began to cry softly, again and looked at me with a piercing glare as if to say, “I am doomed. There is no help for me, but please help me!” 

Have you seen that look or were YOU there at one time?

I said, “If you tell me what is wrong, I promise you, I will see to it that no one hurts you. Do you trust me?” She shook her head that she trusted me.

“Tell me, who is hurting you?” It took her a while, but she was wearing down and was weeping more and more.  I waited and she finally came out with a whisper, “It is my dad.”

The rest of the story is pretty intense but I kept my promise. She was picked up that day and taken to a place of protection. He was picked up that day as well and went to prison for his sexual activity with his own daughter. She had been trapped in what seemed a hopeless situation but when she reached out for help, God was there to rescue her.  She called me months later. She was living in another state recovering with the help of some Godly Christian people.

If your situation has come and gone or maybe the one who hurt you is in the grave, then be thankful for your new life in Christ unless of course, you do not KNOW Him.  Remember, God does not want us to live in the past but desires us to look to Him, TODAY so that we can allow HIM to live in our future giving us victory in Jesus Christ.

Sometimes in my office I may have a young girl who regresses because her thoughts keep going back to that difficult period of abuse. When she brings it up, I remind her that it is from the enemy and Jesus has already dealt with it. He took it on the cross and nailed it! The mind is wonderful as we fill it with memorized scripture of God’s love, His forgiveness and promises. For the abused it is THE WAY to a new life!  Dwelling on the past is a wasted effort and time. Get it out, get it over, and get moving! The past slows people down. Your journey may be slow, but don’t allow it to keep you from moving forward one step at a time.  Help your friend by encouraging them with scripture and song. 

Jas 4:7-10 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.  Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

This blog is just that. It is not a medical journal, or a counselor’s 3 steps to healing but remember, you may need all: the blog, the doctor, the Christian Counselor.  GOD WILL SHOW YOU! Trust Him!

Until next time, Lord willing..
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment