Thursday, August 6, 2015

God Wants Us to Go



Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

In keeping with the thought of "What does God want?", I am posting about what He wants us to DO.

He wants us to tell others about Him! 

Right now I have a burden on my heart that has been growing for the past couple of years and it is getting to the point that if I don’t do something about it, I fear it’s weight will press me down into the ground.  James 2 tells us that faith without works is pretty pointless, so I believe it is time for me to put up or shut up.  My whole burden lies around a group of people that most are embarrassed of or make fun of routinely here in our city, the women/men on the street corners at night.  Prostitutes.

In order to arrive at our church we pass through several corners that are walked nightly by men dressed as women.  They are for sale.  I have witnessed people going by and hurling insults at them.  I have heard “Christians” make fun of them.  I have looked them in their eyes and seen the emptiness behind their stare, and I have come to the point where I must do something about it. 

I write daily on this blog trying to encourage women around the world to read and follow God’s Word.  I try and “Publish” God’s goodness to people as it says in Psalms 26:7.  If I didn’t write, I think my heart would burst within me.  It is something I must do.  God lays things on my heart and they come out at the tips of my fingers across the keyboard after seeking His will in prayer.  And this same need to write is the same need I feel to also speak of His goodness, His grace and His Salvation through Jesus Christ. 

In our city it is hard to get to know people.  It takes a lot of time, coffee and tea.  But the cultural obstacles cannot and should not be an excuse keeping me from obeying the “Go ye” spoken by Christ.  Once a man in our church told us that the Great Commission was only for that particular time in history and only for the disciples.  To that I say, Poppycock!  If it were for only the disciples, then I wonder how that man would feel about the person who told him about Jesus Christ?  Were they in disobedience?  God forbid!  No!  We are commanded to tell the world about Christ and Calvary! 

I am a woman, so the pulpit is not my area.  But the street corner is full of people who will more than likely never darken the door of the church to hear what is said behind the pulpit, so someone has to go tell them.  I am a someone.  I need to tell them.  I don’t want to be guilty of picking and choosing who my neighbors should be in Heaven.  I can’t just go after someone who is living decently. 

At the time I am writing this, it is a Wednesday.  That means tonight I will drive by those women/men on the corner.  They will look into my car and at me to see if I am going to stop.  It will be cold, but they will be in their short dresses and high heeled shoes working all the same.  They will be used, abused and maybe hurt tonight.  They will go to sleep sometime tomorrow believing the lie of the devil that no one cares about them in this world. What a tragedy it would be for me to let those thoughts continue in their minds.  Jesus cares for them, He died for them and He wants me to go tell them.  

I cannot just write to you, our readers, every morning and not put my faith into works.  The works won’t save me, but they should prove my faith.  Who do you need to tell?  Has God put a certain person on your heart?  A certain group?  Then let’s do it!  God wants us to tell about Him.  Ask Him to guide you to the person nearest hell and run and tell them Christ can save them!  Go ye.

Until next time, Lord willing,

Sheri

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for speaking to your heart about these people! He has asked us to be a living sacrifice going forth and sharing His love with all! A beautiful life is one that fills His calling!

    ReplyDelete