Monday, July 13, 2015

Today



Psalms 95:1-11 O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work. Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways: Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

David starts off this Psalm urging people to sing to the Lord.  He tells us why, because God is the King and He is great.  He tells how strong God is and how we should bow down before our Maker and worship Him.  And then he switches tones and warns us to make sure we take advantage of today and not be like the children of Israel who grumbled and complained and disobeyed this same big, powerful, wonderful and Holy God. 

The writer of Hebrews also quotes this passage about God.  And again we are warned to take advantage of seeing God for Who He is, today.

Hebrews 3:7-15 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

We are to exhort each other while it is called today.  We are to take advantage of our time, today. 

I will tell you the one thing that makes me feel humble and in a state where I can pray.  I think on God. 

I think about how Great He is.
I think about how Infinite His wisdom is.
I think about how Wonderful His works are.
I think about how much He loves me.
I think about how much sin He has had to cover with His blood in my life.
I think about how many times He has heard my cries.

I just simply think about Him.  Take advantage of today!  It is the beginning of a whole new week.  Don't think about last week, the weekend or what kind of mood you woke up in today.  Take right now to think on God.  Before you know it, you will see Him for Who He truly is, How wonderful a Father we have in Him and you will begin to praise and worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

Until next time, Lord willing,
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment