Thursday, July 16, 2015

Ask Him, One More Time!




Standing in Walgreens, with my phone in my hand ready to call my husband that I was unable to find the Alocane with 4% Lidocaine, I bowed my head to pray one more time, “Lord, I know this gel is in Ocala. You know I have not been able to find it up until now. So, if it is in this store, help me to see it. I don’t ask for myself but for my husband who is in pain.” Before I could lift my head a young man said, “Mam, is there something I can help you with?” I named the gel but before I could turn around, a young girl handed me the box with $3.00 off just for that day. Where did they come from and how did she hand me something I needed before I could spit it out to this helpful man? I just about had a screaming hallelujah fit right there in the drug store, but because I am in the business of getting students to enroll in our Christian school and not running them off, I contained my spirit and quietly walked up to pay for the medicine. It was difficult to "just walk" because there is a side of me that could start singing and praising God regardless of who was around. 

This is your day to take advantage of praying ONE MORE TIME for something that you know is completely in God’s will without a shadow of a doubt! Why do we not believe that God can answer prayers just like He has since the beginning of time?

It is recorded in Acts 9:36-43 of the healing of a great woman named Dorcas. She was a woman used of God to make clothing especially for the poor. When Peter prayed, God heard AND He answered immediately but the unusual thing about the whole matter was God raised Dorcas from death to life. In Walgreens all I needed was to find the medicine for my husband, but these saddened people of Joppa needed Dorcas alive to finish her sewing and ministry in their town. Was their prayer more important than mine? It seems to me it was, but why do we limit the power of God when all the while He might just want us to ask, ONE MORE TIME!

Acts 9:42 And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.

Will God use my true story for others to see and practice the prayer of faith? I hope so. Will he cause some to hear who do not believe that Jesus can do such a thing as answer a simple little prayer like mine? I hope so. What are you keeping inside and haven’t trusted God to answer? Where is your faith? Who are you keeping from taking that next step in trusting God to answer their prayer simply because they know you and what you have asked but you haven’t shared the intervention of God? Are you taking advantage of this moment by sharing the miracles in your life? Have you not thought that it could literally turn another life upside down for the Lord Jesus Christ? Don’t wait as it just might be your time to take advantage of an ear bent toward your request or the request of another.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

I want to ask you another question:  I wonder if Peter could have been able to stay in Joppa for very long had it not been for the healing of Dorcas? Read with me Acts 9:43 And it came to pass, that he tarried many days in Joppa with one Simon a tanner.

Don’t you just love the fact that God is God and sees the whole picture of everything, not just our circle of life and yet is willing to take the time and answer my request to Him just like He did for Peter and the people who sought him out?

I would like to believe that Peter took advantage of this time to not only get the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ out to those many, many people of Joppa but he preached to the believers, encouraging them of things related to the kingdom of God. He gave them ALL hope!

I am strengthened when someone tells me of an answered prayer! Aren’t you? Take advantage of that moment to stop, bow your head and talk to God about the matter at hand.

He cares, He wants to hear, and He wants to answer you!

God gave Peter an unusual authority and power to lift Dorcas from death to life. We have the power to give this authoritative Word of God to others which may lift THEM from death to newness of life. It is time for YOU to take advantage of His power in you!

Until next time, Lord willing,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment