Monday, July 6, 2015

Paul, Snatching the Moment!



Don’t underestimate what you can do for God or have you forgotten where the power must come from? Today’s truth is two-fold:  Paul taking advantage of EVERY moment and Little Timmy who seems to be along for the ride but God had so much more planned for Timothy, and so does he for you!

Paul was a man who took advantage of every situation he encountered to show Christ to all men. He was amazing! He was handpicked by God.  Read the following command to God’s man Ananias:

Ac 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
Ac 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Oliver B. Green believed that when Paul wrote the second letter to Timothy that he, Paul, truly had lived every second of his life, even in prison, to the fullest…..right down to the second of the minute of every hour! What a testimony and what a man our God chose for us to have as an example proving that God can use anyone even someone like Paul with a past reputation of killing Christians. To God I would take more notice of such a life and strive to be a woman used of God! Read II Timothy at one sitting and get a picture of this Paul and try to see what he saw in little Timmy who has now grown into a spirit filled young man desiring to be used of God as well.

2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing

Paul took advantage of his time in prison and wrote this epistle. No better place to think than in prison, I suppose, but remember he was without a computer, cell phone, tablet and commentaries! What is your excuse for not doing the will of God through Jesus Christ ……IN YOU?  Do you feel inadequate, shy, uneducated according to some of your so called friends? If Paul was alive I feel confident he would see just a little of what our God sees in YOU, my friend. Be encouraged while reading this epistle and be exhorted to get up and ask God to help you as you may feel imprisoned by inadequacies that steal your joy and use for the Master’s hand who made you just as you are.

I wonder if Timothy’s mom called him “Little Timmy” which makes me smile as I hear young moms call their sons. He had a believing Mom and Grandmother which may be more than you have. I know in my own family, I was blessed with a Spirit filled Grandmother. I believe I took advantage of being her granddaughter although at the time, I did not realize that the “prison” where I resided was for my good. I couldn’t see and maybe you can’t see yet, either. Take advantage of the moment whatever and where ever it is.

Are you without proper finances?  In other words, are you broke? Take advantage of God meeting your needs as He says He will. Paul possessed more while in prison than he ever did outside of prison.

Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

 If you read the scriptures, you will be comforted and become a stronger believer of His promises…..BUT…. if you have never been in need, financially, how can God use you to understand others who suffer need?  Take advantage of the moment….Trust…..as Paul did and as God instructs.

Are you without proper treatment?  Do people look down on you for reasons that you may know about and then again, you may not?  Take advantage of the moment and be kind to them and to others that just, maybe, you have mistreated. Ask God to show you these people. He just might do it, you know?

Mt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Take advantage of the moment as Paul did and as God instructs.  Paul saw beyond Timothy’s inadequacies and I believe, as a man who worked hard himself, Paul saw Timothy’s diligence and not so much his timid spirit. Timothy needed training, work, personal attention, but deep down he had a determination that God recognized and gave wisdom to Paul to know how to help him. I love it!  Where are you this day?

Are you without talent or gifts?  The moment you became born again, God gave you His Spirit and with that being said, YOU have ALL you need! Just take advantage of who HE is inside of you, and as you are faithful to learn Him, not just learn about Him, but truly LEARN Him, you will see a starting point from which to fly! Ask Him to set you free. You have all you need…..or did I say that already? 

Look around you. Do you see that bus kid with nothing who runs in the church, half dressed, smelling to high heaven, and needing a tooth brush?  Take her on….take advantage of a Little Timmy who may not be timid, but in great need of someone to give them direction. Paul saw in Timothy something so big and we will ever be thankful to God that ole’ killer Saul became saved and suffered all his natural life after conversion, for our Lord Jesus Christ.

Take advantage of this minute, this hour and this day…..before it is gone forever.

What do I know about God? I know from this scripture that God stopped Paul in his tracks and prepared a way for him to accept Him as his personal Savior. I learned that even in prison, Paul lived for God and took advantage of his time behind bars which gives me hope as I feel imprisoned at times. No excuses, folks, no excuses....take advantage of this time in life.
Until next time, Lord willing!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment