Wednesday, July 8, 2015

He Knew Mary of Magdala would be There!



Mark 16:9-10 ¶ Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
John 20:18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Have you ever wondered why Jesus appeared first to this Mary after his resurrection, and then secondly to a woman of questionable morals? Do we not get it that our Lord did not see the same Mary Magdalene as she was the day she was cast at His feet? Mary Magdalene took advantage of that first day of the week by getting up early and attending to the matters of her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. She was expecting Him to be there in the tomb and He was expecting her to be at the tomb. Jesus trusted Mary Magdalene! HE KNEW SHE WOULD COME.

When Mary Magdalene first met Jesus, she was not this same woman who went to the tomb. Whoever was responsible to get Mary Magdalene to Jesus on that eventful day of her life as seven demons were cast out of her miserable body, is to be commended. I salute you! I stand in awe of Mary Magdalene as well because she continued to be a woman who was trusted by her Lord. Most of us at some time or another have heard that Mary Magdalene was a redeemed harlot. Whether she was or whether she wasn’t, is to me of no concern. We DO know that she possessed seven demons and that Jesus cast them ALL out.  Bless God and praise His name for using any of us for anything associated with Him! None of us deserve Him!

Can Jesus trust you to take advantage of the morning to meet Him? Can you say, “He knows I will be there. I have been there since He became my Savior and I will continue to meet Him FIRST before anything or anybody gets in my way.”

On her way to the tomb Mary of Magdala could have struggled, maybe, with an uphill climb or because of a narrow path had to avoid the briers, sticks, or elements at that time of the day. She didn’t halt. She kept right on with one goal, “I must get to Jesus, FIRST!”

What powerful person lies within you ready to be released to do something that you have never dreamed of accomplishing? We have to take advantage of the time God gives to each of us because He sees us differently than we see ourselves. Sometimes, we hang on to the old person of the flesh and allow her to keep us from moving on in our Spiritual lives. God needs us to accept His Son’s forgiveness for whatever sin has kept us from victory!

Mary of Magdala was heavy of heart right before Jesus spoke to her.
Joh 20:11 ¶ But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,

She had come and now she stoops down to look in where He is supposed to be. I am with her, aren’t you? I took advantage of the time we were in Israel to look inside a tomb similar to the one Christ was laid.  I wanted to experience that moment and identify with this precious, beautiful Mary of Magdala.

Mary saw the two angels and responded to them while looking for Jesus. He was there all the time, but Mary didn’t recognize Him either because of His change of appearance or maybe because of the dim light of such an early morning or could it be she didn’t believe He had risen. We are not sure, but when Jesus spoke her name, “Mary” she knew!  She knew! Does Jesus know your name? Does He call for you in the wee hours of the morning? Are you there waiting on Him. He waits for you.
I’m still with her, are you?  She is now crouched down, weeping, but Jesus is standing behind her calling her name. She turns and for a second she leaps out to cling to Him, but He can’t allow her to touch Him right then because……
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

This passage makes me want to take off and run down the aisle!  My Preacher would stop me, trust me. So, did you get that last part,   I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Aren’t you glad Mary of Magdala took advantage of going early to the empty tomb because JESUS WAS THERE not in the tomb, but RISEN!

He conquered death for you and for me. No one has ever been able to conquer death except Jesus and Jesus alone. To believe that Jesus was born of a virgin Mary is not enough. To believe that Jesus was crucified is not enough. He took all our sins upon Himself, died, went down to Hades, conquered death, came back to earth AGAIN……THAT is our Risen Savior, the ONLY Savior EVER! The Bible records that the wages of sin is death and this Risen Savior has the keys of hell AND death! Folks, He conquered the very thing that separated us from God! Shout it to the mountain tops today…..JESUS SAVES!

Take advantage of the early morning, trudge through the briers, the narrow path, slip into His arms and cling to Him today, especially if you are a woman.  He appeared FIRST to Mary Magdalene. He trusted that she would be there.  So….be there!

What do I know about God? He is risen. He is NOT in the tomb. He first appeared unto a woman. I feel so precious to God.....don't YOU?

Until next time…..Lord willing
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment