Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Together - Peace at last!



I called my sister, Vicky, and we left immediately for a journey into another state, a place I had never been. The drive to this town was much longer than I anticipated, so, we decided to pull over to a motel and get an early start the next day. As I drove, I asked God to lead me to Mama. There was no time to spare, no time to call people trying to get information of her whereabouts, there was just no more time…..she was going to die and very soon. All I had was the name of the town of the last hospital where she was admitted.  

I needed to find out if Mama was ready to meet God. I had learned that she was now a born again believer, but I didn’t know if she was ready to meet God. There is a difference and I desired to know and was willing to help her find PEACE. This trip was more for her than it was for me and I knew I had to be obedient to God's bidding.

Once we entered the city, I began asking people directions to all the hospitals in that area. I took the first lead with directions and drove up to the front entrance before parking. We got out of the car, asked some questions and YES, there was a Betty registered. A nurse talked with us and then excused herself for a moment but came back in a few minutes and led me to a room where Mama lay. She had died 5 minutes before we arrived. 

Five minutes. Five minutes! FIVE MINUTES!!! I kept saying it over and over. Why, when I was so close did this happen? 

I didn't get angry but I wanted to scream, not at God, but at life! I kept myself from becoming too emotional and walked over to her body stretched out on a bed and as I looked at this tiny woman who gave birth to me, I was thankful to be there. Her beautiful long black hair was now short, and gray. Her hands were identical to mine. I held her feet in my hands and talked to her. I don't remember what I said and it didn't matter. I had the need to talk to her. 

“God, you are in this room with us right now,” I prayed. I felt His presence and knew she was with Him at that moment. I was happy she was with Him.

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord

I told God that He could tell her anything He wanted to because He was God, and if was with me, and He was with her, then we were together at last.......TOGETHER. The few times when she was alive, we were never really TOGETHER, but now it was done. It was finished. Her life was over but we were together.

I went to the cross with Jesus but didn’t feel His pain,
I felt the blood as it dropped and I knew the shame
             had to be more than I would bare
My eyes stared into His, as His stared into mine.
Why have you brought me here to this place in this time
            Doesn’t anyone else care?

His tears trickled down my face as His breath became my own
The thorns from his crown began piercing down
       into my skin but ne’r did I care
He whispered, Hang on, Hang on Sharon, soon it will be ore'.
My feet rested upon the spike, I fought the pain He bore
And the spear would soon be thrust for my pain to share
            It is finished, He cried, and together we drew our last breath.

“Mama, you are at rest, now. I love you and I will see you in heaven one day.”
Mama's hands, feet, arms and face were still very warm. I was glad she had not turned cold. “God, you are an amazing God. You gave me this time, a peaceful time." I began to see that He did not want me there to see her in pain. He needed me to see her “In Peace”…..His Peace!

Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid

I have read that verse so many times but I finally developed a visual of PEACE as I could hear and see God giving me His Hand and saying, “GIVE I (PEACE) unto you, Sharon.” I received that PEACE that day in my supernatural trip to the hospital where Mama died, just 5 minutes before I arrived.

I hope you are encouraged to not give up on your desire to be first reconciled with God and then to be reconciled with your loved ones. Trust God, seek His way and be willing to go through the journey for as long as it takes! There is so much to learn in this kind of journey especially if the relative or friend is not willing to be reconciled with you. Be obedient, though and not bitter. Christ went to the cross for them as well as for you. On that cross lay the anger, bitterness, hurt, and all pain. He bore it all. I will pray for you. Write me!

Until next time, Lord willing
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment