Friday, October 23, 2015

God Cares



Psalms 34:17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Proverbs 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Psalms 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

My husband and I have four children.  Two girls and two boys.  Each pregnancy was different, each labor was different, and each child is different.  I have one child who is a natural born leader, confident and fearless.  I have one that is a deep thinker who must find order and logic in something for it to make sense.  I have one that is moody and pensive but loves strongly and without prejudice.  And I have another that is sensitive, caring and emotional.  Now, do you think I know all of these things about my four children and weigh their personalities in the balance to see whether or not I truly love them?  Of course not.  It wouldn’t even cross my mind!  They are my babies and I would stand in the line of fire in front of each one to protect them from harm.  If they need something, I do my dead level best to provide it.  And when they want to talk, I drop everything and I listen.

One of my children loves to tell every little detail of the dream they had the night before.  I cannot count the times that I have stood in the kitchen with my coffee while listening to the crazy happenings that occurred in this child’s dreams.  I have made my bladder scream at me, let my coffee turn cold and the laundry stall in order to let this particular child talk their dream out.  Why?  Does it change the world?  No.  Do these dreams mean anything?  No.  I listen because of one simple fact.  I love my kid.  I am interested in the smallest detail of their life. 

I want to get across one thought today.  God cares about you.  He knows your stitches itch and are painful.  He cares that your dog(s) are not feeling well and He knows it is bothering you.  He is concerned with your inability to function because of a headache, menstrual cramps, pre-menopause or menopause.  He knows you haven’t told anyone you lost a baby last year.  He knows you and your husband aren’t in sync like you used to be.  He cares about the fact you want new windows or new carpet.  He saw you sigh as you broke that glass in the sink leaving you with only 3 now that match and it is your turn to host the family for the holidays.  He heard you cry the other day when someone at church hurt your feelings.  He wants to help you work through the deception you felt in a relationship.  He cares about how long you stared out the window wondering what you are going to do now.  Name it, He knows and He cares.   He is observing and He loves you so much that He wants to help you as you assimilate it all in your life for good and His glory.

You are God’s child.  You are His pride and joy.  Talk to Him.  Realize He is listening.  He hasn’t slammed a door in your face and contrary to popular sayings, Heaven cannot turn brass to your prayers!  I know they seem to bounce off the ceiling because you can’t see a change in your current situation, but God is in charge and controlling every little last detail.  Can’t you trust Him?

Don’t give up my friend.  Don’t lose hope.  You are precious to the Lord and maybe you can’t “feel” that you are in His lap and embraced by His arms, but you are.  God cares.

Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Until next time, Lord willing,

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment