Friday, October 2, 2015

Stay on the Path of the Supernatural Journey



It is a terrible thing to be deserted by your mom, wouldn’t you agree? If you have never been deserted, then it is difficult to share someone’s loneliness and the separation of that person who longs to know what their Mama looks like, where she abides, and if she is dead or alive. I never experienced bitterness toward Mama, but I did go through that time of my life of “Where are you and why didn’t you want to keep up with your five girls?”

I asked my husband, “What kind of mother would leave her young? Even animals for the most part don’t do that!” I needed to find her, to learn more about this woman. Was she gifted in the arts, could she paint, sew,.... did she like to stay up late or get up early? Did she like pink lipstick or red? What was her favorite flower? Where was she born and when was her birthday? It dawned on me, “I don’t know Mama’s birthday!”  I went to my Dad and he wasn’t sure. I had to find out. It was important to me. 

Ge 49:22-25 ¶ Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall: The archers have sorely grieved him, and shot at him, and hated him: But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel: Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

These words declared by Joseph’s dad, Jacob, spoke to me and for a short while I went on a supernatural journey with Joseph. How many times had I read this passage, but today would take me to the pit with Joseph. Be ready, friend, to identify with God’s example and learn what He NEEDS FOR YOU TO LEARN by His Words of Truth. Don’t deny yourself of His truth today for it could be the gas needed to get started on a supernatural journey with God in control.

Eventually, I learned that Mama turned 16 in April and gave birth to me the next month. Wow, 16 years old! A rough long road for her was ahead. I began to feel her world and found myself in her despair. Eleven months later, Vickie was born. Mama, what are you doing? She was trapped as she gave birth to three more children, three more beautiful girls. At 21 and five children later, she leaves. Why?

When Sheri told me of her burden to take the gospel to the women of the street I became really fearful. Emotions of a different flavor flooded me. I became in my mind the little girl who held her sister all night waiting for Mama to come home. But….she never did. I went to the pit, again, with Joseph and sat down with no hope. It was a dark journey, a supernatural journey for which I had no control.
God’s Word is living, true and offers life to the dead. They don’t know that they are dead for their life is a life of selfishness and self-pleasure, a false life and one that ends in eternal judgment meant for the devil and his angels, UNLESS someone is given entrance to their heart, the center of all emotion. There must be a way to their heart and the only one who holds that key is Jesus Christ.

Jesus waited for her at the well.

Joh 4:7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

He went to the place where she would go.

The Jews hated the Samaritans, yet Jesus waited on her, a Samaritan. He knew what she was but He held truth because He was truth. Think about that.

I had an address but knew nothing of the area in another state. My little girls thought they were just going with their Mom to another town. I needed more pieces to my puzzle.  I was young and loved the Lord, but I longed to find Mama. No one understood that determination in me to find her.  I began my supernatural journey. God led me all the way. I kept thinking, “When I find her, if she is still alive, I will tell her about Jesus and everything will be alright.”

I drove and drove and drove. It was becoming dark and I prayed for God to lead me to the right place. I don’t remember how or who it was that I met that led me to a dirt road that matched the address I held in my hand. My supernatural journey steered me to her little wooden house.

When God sanctions a journey, He drives!

Nothing had changed in over 20 years. She was just older but still very beautiful. I had stepped into her world but God’s protection surrounded me, supernaturally. I will not deny my fear and anxiety but I was determined to leave her with the hope that Jesus Christ still saves and she was no exception. She was appreciative but refused to see that she could change. What a stronghold Satan had on her life.

Who is the person God needs for you to carry the Gospel? Will it take you from your comfort zone? Will people judge you? Is it worth the embarrassment of the journey, a supernatural journey? Twenty more years would pass before God would send me on the next supernatural journey. Don’t wait, dear friend. Hell is not worth it. Heaven awaits the believer. Make sure your loved ones know how to get there…..by the simple supernatural power of a God who so loved the World that He gave His Only Begotten Son!

Until next time, Lord willing.
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment