Friday, October 16, 2015

"Ever Wonder Why God Created You the Way You Are?"



Deanne Day one of our third grade teachers told a very effective story to the 1st-3rd grade children during Chapel. The youngsters really got into the story but so did Mrs. Day. Her expressions were quite unique. Being a natural “story teller” she needed NO microphone! I tease her often for her loud voice but you know what, God gave her that voice for His purpose.  Have you ever noticed how critical we are of ourselves when in reality, we are unique human beings made in the image of God, Himself? Have you thanked God for YOU, lately? I’m not talking about what a sorry sinner you and I are……we KNOW that, right? We are nothing without Christ working through us but I’m talking about the exclusive design God had in mind when He created us.

Ps 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. What does Planned Parenthood do with this verse? What have they done with God? We just can’t deny that God is our creator, people, and He wants us to be happy with HIM in that design.

Ps 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

May I just take liberty and ask you, “Have you looked at yourself lately? Do you like what you see? Be honest. I will do the same. Maybe it’s time for a spring cleaning in our own bodies? I’m very serious but I must laugh at the same time because I am as guilty as the next woman who finds fault of the design. So, what has God ALREADY said about His design?

Ps 139:16-18 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

We are fearfully and wonderfully made, just like we are for His purpose and not for our own. It is difficult to believe when you and I experience severe health issues or physical disabilities but God’s Word does not lie. It is getting more difficult to convince young people of this truth because we focus too much on the physical and not enough on the spiritual part of who we are. The physical part may not have eyes, but that same person with no eyes may see because of the spiritual. God has supplied us with all our parts and it is ALL we need for Him.

We are unperfect! In the womb we are formed and a record is made in heaven. God’s eyes saw YOU and me before anyone else did.

We were in God’s mind as He thought about us before birth and continues even into eternity!  God’s mind…..I cannot even imagine HIS MIND, can you? My mom gave birth to me, alone. I don’t like to think on it but God takes me back to that day, May 29, 1946. I was not to live, but God intervened. Why? Go back to your day and thank Him for your life. With all your imperfection, He is perfect. Change what needs to be changed and get to the best that you can be. We don’t have time to waste, do we? As you make a list of those things that you have power over to change, pray for those who have the same need of change.

A young man sat across from me disappointed in his recent choices which brought some pretty severe consequences. He had some negative things to say about our school: it is too difficult, the rules are too hard, the dress code is unreasonable, etc. I have heard them all through the years and my violin began playing.  It was not new to these sagging ears!

“May I ask you a question? Have you confessed your sins and asked Jesus to be your personal Savior?”
Looking at me with a piercing stare he answered, “Yes, right here a month ago.”
“Huh! Is that right? Wonder what God has planned for you? Have you asked Him?”
“No, but Mrs. Loyd, it is just TOO hard!”
“Ok, I believe you. Did you know that Jesus took that “too hard” and nailed it on the tree while He was dying for you? Now, here you are trying to pry it down from the cross. Tell me, what’s wrong with this picture?”

With a sincere heart, he replied, “It isn’t too hard for Him but for me?”
“Huh! You know you are smarter than I thought you were! Now, let’s get down to business and find out just what God needs for you to learn about all this.”

This young man had some physical disabilities which caused him to think less of himself, therefore, his perception of God was totally shallow. Once he understood that God created him with these disabilities, he was ready to start a journey with me. We have become great buddies by the way.

It was his mom’s birthday so he made her a card and we talked about his recent health issue. All the while I prayed, “God, help me show this young man he is made for YOUR glory and not his own.”
I prayed with him and said, “You know, God needs preachers and YOU just might be the one He will call.” In my mind I thought about Paul, the great missionary and soldier of the Lord Jesus Christ!
He stared at me with those piercing eyes and said, “You might be right, Mrs. Loyd.” As he left he turned and yelled with a Preacher voice, “GOD BLESS YOU, MRS. LOYD!”

Amazing how quickly we can change our view of ourselves when we realize the one Who “made” us.

Until next time, Lord willing.
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment