Thursday, May 14, 2015

Validation



Hebrews 4:12-16 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

One of the most important things that can happen during times of trial in our lives is when someone validates how we feel.  No one wants to be going through something difficult and hear someone else rattle off things like, "Just trust the Lord" or "When you get to the bottom of your rope, just tie a knot and hang on."  Do you agree with me?  Have you ever had someone spout off stupid sayings to you instead of actually listening to you?  I have and it never helped me.

Once I was facing a miserable, awful time of testing of my faith.  I truly didn't know if I could lift my head again or if I even wanted to.  My folks listened to me explain how I was feeling and to be honest, I was waiting for them to say, "Sheri, that is just life, you get over it and move on."  But they didn't.  They listened and then my dad said, "I know it is hard, I have been there, but we are going to pray and you have got to trust that God is in control."  I remember feeling like a load was taken off my shoulders and carried by someone else.  Mom and Dad validated my pain.  They didn't brush me off like a cow swipes her tail at flies. 

You know Who else validates our sufferings?  Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  In Hebrews 4 we are shown that He unequivocally knows what it is like to live in this world and face everything we have ever, or ever will face in life!  He will never brush us off when we come to Him with our problems.  He will never tell us to "just get over it".  No.  He leads us to the Scripture we need.  He supplies that balm of Gilead to our wounds and He listens.  Isn't He wonderful?  What a Saviour!

Are you facing a trial today?  Everyone else seems to have the answer but no time for your pain.  Why not go talk to the One Who does understand?  Why not wait for GOD to answer you and tell you what you need to do?  Don't get discouraged by those around you who are carrying their own heavy loads, just turn to your Saviour, who knows what it is like to walk in your shoes.  He has the help you need. 

Until next time, Lord willing,
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment