Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Scooped up by His Everlasting Arms



Da 10:19 And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.

2Ti 4:17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

Living on a farm can be quite adventurous for children. I loved running through the cow pastures and jumping the flowered cabbage heads in the fields. My three sisters and I roamed freely over the 25 acres but every now and then I would hide from the others just to be alone and away from the hustle of it all.  Daddy was smarter than my six year old brain and always kept a third eye on us young ones. My imaginary friend and I would often lie flat on our stomachs and lap the water from the stream that flowed right behind the house into the fields. Today my friend and I were small kittens thirsty from playing too hard. Tomorrow we would transform into much larger animals kin to our milk cow, Buttercup.  In the fields, I could become anyone and anything my imagination so desired.

As I pushed my nose and mouth into the stream’s water, I was quickly scooped up by the strong hand of my Dad. I didn’t kick and scream but was startled when Daddy interrupted my desperate need for the refreshing water.  He had been watching me the whole time, but when he saw a venomous water moccasin just yards away, he knew he had to act quickly. There was no time to get his gun and shoot the deadly enemy. I would have been bitten had Daddy not been watching and acting quickly for my good.
The slithering enemy kept moving, past us to another destiny. While we turned back to the house, Daddy warned me about lying in the tall grass fields especially close to the water. Now that I think about it, my imaginary friend checked out as well. I never heard from her again.  

2Ti 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I don’t know about you, but I love my heavenly Father for keeping an eye on me, every day, 24/7. Don’t you? Even when danger lurks before us, behind and all around us, He is there to scoop us up into his everlasting arms of love.

De 33:27 The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

Folks, you can bank on it! God’s Word is true. Have you had difficulty believing Him lately because your imaginary friend keeps pumping you with lies? Why do we ignore picking up the Bible and reading it and believing it was written just for us! Oh my, we miss the blessing and could be struck by the enemy because we are caught off guard. It just isn’t worth it, is it?

Read with me the following verses and be strengthened by His everlasting arms!
Ps 116:7 Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
      His work is our rest. Don't forget that!
Ps 116:8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
Ps 116:9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
     Claim His promise of watch care for you. You think you can’t do it but reach out for the tissue, wipe your eyes so you can see, lift one foot in front of the other and start walking, one step at a time. After a while, you will run with the best! Do you know why? It is HIS strength, not yours!! You WILL succeed because the work is right before you. Remember, strength comes from Him. Therefore, anything done in you belongs to Him as YOU give Him glory!

“Lord I accept your strength and will crawl up in your arms, everlasting arms of love.”

Until next time, Lord willing….

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment