Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Delivery Man



Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

When I am stateside I have a list to accomplish.  Mark has things he wants me to get here and bring back to Brazil and people at church put in orders for perfumes, clothing, etc. for me to buy for them.  I found a way to save time by shopping through the internet and letting UPS or the postal service bring the items to me instead of me running all over town trying to find them.  Sometimes we arrive at the door and there will be a package waiting, sometimes we are there when the doorbell rings.  Either way, the package is delivered and I am satisfied.

I got to thinking about how much time and effort I put into making sure I get everything I need while I am in Florida.  I have nightmares that I have caught the plane and am in Brazil and have left everything behind that I was supposed to bring with me.  It is silly!  But it shows how consumed my mind is with my "lists". 

But do you know something?  There is not one thing on my list that is as important as a soul.  Nothing.  And there is nothing on your "to do list" that is as important as another soul either!  We should deliver good words to people, yes.  We should deliver kindness and comfort when people are grieving, yes.  But we cannot over look the importance of being a delivery man for the Gospel. 

I recently put in an order for some English tracts so that I could be leaving the Gospel around town.  Yesterday I had the opportunity to place a tract on the table after eating lunch and I walked out and forgot.  A couple hours later I remembered but it was too late.  It was an opportunity missed.  The Lord forgave me, but I felt horrible.  And I should!  We all need to remember we are commanded by Christ to be His Delivery People for the Gospel. 

If we will put our priorities in order we will find our vision being shifted from ourselves and towards others and the lost.  Don't waste any opportunity to share God with someone.  Even when your stomach feels like it will literally fly right out of your throat and your palms get all sweaty, say something about the Lord.  Share salvation and be a delivery man for the Lord!  If they don't listen, leave a tract, but make sure to deliver something!

Until next time, Lord willing!

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment