Friday, May 8, 2015

Are you in want?



Psalms 69:33 For the LORD heareth the poor, and despiseth not his prisoners.

Are you in a state of "want" today?  I am not necessarily talking about financially, but it applies as well.  Sometimes in life we can be in some very desperate positions.  Whether it be the need for a job or a need for a good report at the doctor.  Our prayers tend to be intense during these times of want and we can fret about everything if we aren't careful.

The more I live, the more I realize that everyone, and I mean everyone, is in need of something.  People are suffering.  They are in lack, in want and desperate for a myriad of reasons.  It is a heavy burden at times to think on everyone that I personally know who are going through major trials and then add all my own personal weights with those thoughts.  What are we to do?  Where are we to go?  How are we to survive during these times of life when the weight seems impossible to bear?

Well, a good starting point as a Christian is to think on how God views your situation.  That is the best perspective you are going to get.  Psalms 69 says that the Lord heareth the poor (those in want) and He despiseth not His prisoners.  That means He doesn't ignore those of His children who are literally or spiritually prisoners for His sake.  You and I are living in such perilous times that we may find out what it is like to be in actual bonds because of our faith.  Are you going to remember that God is remembering you?  I hope so, I hope I do.

God loves His children.  He will discipline them when they need correction and He will not forsake Truth in guiding them so they can be temporarily happy.  If God is not answering your prayer the way that you want it answered, I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that He is doing something different that HE wants done and you can TRUST His decisions.  I know it isn't easy.  I know you want to throw up your hands and scream.  That is our flesh raging against the Spirit.  But don't give in to it!  Trust God.

Are you in want?  Are you desperate?  God says He hears you.  That should give you comfort.  Read these verses all day long and as long as it takes for you to rest in the knowledge that God DOES hear you and is in control:

1. Psalms 69:33 For the LORD heareth the poor, and despiseth not his prisoners.

2. Psalms 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

3. 1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

4. Psalms 34:17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

5. Psalms 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

6. Psalms 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

***No sooner had I written this post then I was asked to pray for a dire, needy situation.  A situation that only God can resolve.  I immediately took comfort that God was hearing the prayers of His saints in want and I know I can trust in His will.  I prayed and was able to leave it in God's hands.  This, right here, is real life folks.  We must put our faith into action.***

Until next time, Lord willing,
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment