Monday, February 9, 2015

You Can Make It!


 
I recently started a study on the words "I Am" in the Bible.  I searched for every verse where God declared Himself as an "I AM....." and wrote the reference down in my notebook along with what God said He is.  My hand began to cramp as I got to the 20th chapter of Leviticus.  My heart was swelling and almost burning in my chest as I took note of what I was reading.  I searched for the last instance of this type of declaration and I found it in Revelation where He declares Himself to be the Root and Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star. 

I don't know why we feel the need as women to seek out some "new thing" to reassure us that God is exactly Who He says He is.  I don't know why we forget from one prayer request to another that God is Faithful and Just, a Provider, and a Shield.  Why, in our darkest nights of trials do we not seek the Bright and Morning Star to help guide our way. 

Why do we constantly deny the Power of God in our lives?  We shouldn't enjoy crying about our problems more than we relax in the knowledge that we have a Problem Solver observing our every moment.  Yet, we struggle against our flesh and our desire to have a perfect life instead of allowing the Almighty to have His way.  We post our request on facebook or mention it in prayer meeting, but we won't spend more than 5 minutes alone with God to talk to Him about it or read what His Word already says about it.  You know it's true, so don't get mad at me.  I'm am just as guilty of what I just wrote as the next guy.

You and I have made some headway on this journey to know God better, but before us lies a blind path that can only be crossed by faith.  Faith in Who God has declared Himself to Be.  He didn't say He  WOULD be the Bright and Morning Star one day, He said He IS.  That path before us can be and will be illuminated by God as we move forward in trust. 

What is it today that is holding you back from releasing it all to God?  Do you really think you are the first person to be in whatever situation you are in?  It may be the first time for you and you feel broken, alone and without hope, but God has not changed from Eve's day until now, nor will He ever change.  He loves us.  He loves you.  God has a way to get the glory in your life, no matter what your situation is.  Are you holding back glory from God?  Are you shadowing the Almighty's presence by your despair?  Are you humble enough to admit that you have not been trusting Him?

Look, the hurts you feel today are real and you need to hear that you are not worthless.  God wants to validate your life by producing joy in your spirit again.  He knows the weight of all that you woke up with on your shoulders, but He is also standing right beside you waiting for you to let Him help bear the load.  He is pointing out a path in your life that must be followed and He is telling you that it will be tough at some points, but to remember that He is:

Your Shield
Your Rock
Your Protector
Your Guide
Your Light
Your Joy
Your Strength
Your Peace
Your Help
Your Salvation
Your Listener
Your Friend
Your Judge
Your Forgiver
Your Saviour
Your Healer
Your Refuge
Your Song
Your Tear Catcher
Your Teacher
Your Everything


He is the Lord YOUR GOD and He wants you to rely on HIM for the answers you need today.  He wants to fill your mouth with the words to speak to your enemy.  He wants to fill your heart with forgiveness.  He wants to fill your mind with good thoughts.  He wants to hear your prayers.  He wants to walk with you as you do His will.  That is just how much you mean to Him.  Couldn't you let go of your life and just try Him out? 

You may feel like lashing out at me and screaming about how your life is in shambles.  I understand,  I have been there.  It isn't fun, no one likes it and you wish it would just all end.  I get it.  You don't want to deal with the lot that has been cast for you.  I know.  But you don't have to go through it alone.  There is a perfect way in front of you.  You can't see it, but the Light is already there because He inhabits eternity (Isaiah 57:15)  He is before you, behind you and beside you. 

You can make it.  If you fall down today, get back up tomorrow.  God will still be God and He will still answer your prayers. 

Until next time, Lord willing,

Sheri
 

No comments:

Post a Comment