Thursday, February 26, 2015

Has God Shut the Door?



Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Daddy held my arm and asked me, “Well, kid, are you ready?”

As nervous as I seemed, I was ready to step from the opening doorway to enter the church’s door where Terry and my wedding party awaited my entrance. I could see the burning candles and the glittering array of colors from the Christmas trees and lights. All my bridesmaids wore deep ruby red dresses with matching netted, brim hats. They were so pretty as their dancing eyes stared at me clumsily walking down the aisle.   

For a brief moment fear seized me as I was afraid some officer of the law would run before me, slap some handcuffs on Terry and haul him out of Anthony Baptist Church with me wailing away!   The reception couldn’t come quickly enough. My Daddy had only spanked me once in my life, but I knew if he found out that Terry literally dug a Christmas tree from Bill Fish’s Tree Farm (without permission), and placed it on the stage of the church right before the ceremony, I would get the beating of my life!  Although Terry told me that the Ag class had planted those trees and his name was on the one tree, I knew deep down, it WAS NOT but it was too late! Surely, no one would tell Daddy until later on, AFTER we had left.

We made it, and off we went to our new life!

In reality and putting all kidding aside, I had walked through a major door to another life with Terry Jackson Loyd. It seems we are always entering one door to go to another to get to another, doesn’t it? One day my life with Terry will end either by my death or his, but for sure, life ends. Fifty years with my husband seems very short and that episode of the “borrowed” tree was just yesterday, it seems. What next? Where do we go after these bodies give up and become dust? Praise the Lord for the opened door of heaven ahead……that is……IF YOU ARE BORN AGAIN.

Joh 10:1 & 2 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

If you are a Christian, a born again believer, you have the hope of glory. This opened door awaits those who have already taken care of this business of salvation. Sheri and I have worked hard to share with you how to get to know our Savior better today than you did yesterday, but God forbid that we haven’t made sure you are His and He is yours! You can learn all about Him and miss heaven. The world is full of knowledgeable, bright and educated people who think they are going to heaven, but are not.

Man and religion keep this world stirred up by offering all kinds of doors with attachments to salvation when there is only one way, my friend. Getting to know God better each day gives you and gives me the opportunity to see just what an awesome God we serve! Be careful who and what you read as you try to feed those desires to know Him. When in doubt, always go back to the Book, the Holy Bible. When we start adding to God’s Word and His way, we get into trouble. Man has always wanted to “fix” things for the most part and solve the mysteries of the universe. It is our nature to constantly want answers to questions that sometimes we just don’t need to ask because it is already answered!

Joh 8:12 ¶ Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. Nothing like knowing…. “truth” and being free from the sin of bondage! Are you tied down by something? You can be free!
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  Only through Jesus is there freedom in this stinkin’ world. Walk in the newness of life. Jesus will take care of everything else….EVERYTHING…..He stands at the door and knock, knock knocks. Take hold of His Hand and let Him in. It is time to open the door!

Can you remember a time when you confessed that you are indeed a sinner and cannot save yourself from a place called Hell?  Can you remember asking God through His Son, Jesus Christ to forgive you and to come and live in your heart? After salvation, did you made your decision public? Have you been baptized by immersion? If not, friend, today is the day of your salvation and the rest of your life. Everything from this point on is decided by YOUR decision to receive Him or to reject Him.  Just as he closed the door to the ark and none of those crying, screaming people could get in, God will do the same when He calls for the trumpet sound!

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Once the door is opened to Christ, it closes to eternal damnation. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit! Praise the Lord, friend, we can rest in this troubled world. We can work, be happy in Christ and have a fulfilled life in Him because of WHO He is not because of some “thing” we have added to Jesus. Jesus alone is all YOU need. Contact Sheri and me if you are now making this decision. God would not have me make this detour on our road trip, had it not been for a purpose, YOU. He loves YOU that much!

Until next time, Lord willing

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment