Friday, February 20, 2015

Fervent Charity




Ro 15:2-3 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

1Pe 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
1Pe 4:9 Use hospitality one to another without grudging.

1Co 13:4 ¶ Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I have enjoyed studying II Peter 1 especially the seven spiritual traits emphasized in verses 4-8. Peter teaches us that God’s actual divine nature can be ours simply by taking heed to these precious promises. We can have fellowship with God, partaking in His divine nature. Did you get that? Our sorry selves can sit down with the Creator of ALL and enjoy His company! I have tried to share with you my thoughts and I have given examples of real people in my own life for which I am thankful unto God! We all have these witnesses. Just look about you. Don’t avoid them but embrace them. Remember them and tell your children and your grandchildren. Keep them alive!

Isn’t it strange how God brings it all down where the rubber meets the road? Verse 8 of II Peter 1 states, “For if these things be in you and abound” or live….….some of you may need to be resurrected!.....”they MAKE you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge”….there it is again, that word ‘knowledge’…..”of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Verse 9, “BUT he that lacketh these things is blind.” Ever have anyone say to you, “I just don’t see it that way?” They cannot see “afar off” because they are short sighted. Everything is only as it appears right in front of them. There is no vision ahead because the One who gives us the vision to focus upon is not active, alive if you please, in their lives.  They have forgotten, that means it was once there to remember? Hmmmmnnnnn! Where did it go? What did they forget? They were purged, eradicated, pardoned of their old sins!!!! Makes me want to shout friend! Bless God, we have been forgiven and offered the very nature of our living God THROUGH Jesus Christ!

Charity:  Love, the fulfilling of the law. Ro 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Uncle George became a walking Bible but he struggled with his disability as the arthritis began to take over elbow and knee joints. One operation after another kept him close to home. Not only was his face crooked, but now his body was becoming twisted as well. This debilitating disease was not enough though, to shut my uncle’s mouth and wallowing tongue. He would roll his tongue back and forth forming the words the best he could and all the while smiling at anyone and everyone that would listen. Every now and then, he would slip in a tease or two to make us all laugh. 

While sitting on a park bench in Jacksonville, Florida, Uncle George observed an elderly lady struggle to cross the intersection. He told me she had arthritis worse than he did.  Watching her labor to move one step in front of another, he prayed for her to have relief. He was able to relate to her pain, somewhat, and knew his days were numbered, but she looked younger than him and he felt she needed more time to live. His request unto His God was that the Lord would just transfer her arthritis to him and he would bare it for her. When he told me this, I couldn’t believe it! What love Uncle George had for the sickly, the down and out; the ones who couldn’t do for themselves. Oh such great agape love, CHARITY! It wasn’t but a few days that we witnessed Uncle George becoming worse and worse as the arthritis literally took over his entire body. I wonder if a loving Father heard my Uncle’s prayer, not to pain him more but to offer him the ultimate opportunity to lay down his life for someone he did not even know! Now, you can judge this story and frankly folks, I probably would too, if you told me such an account, but it is as he said. My goodness, how selfish we are at times when a small irritation may keep us from the bountiful blessings of being partakers of His DIVINE NATURE! 

2Pe 1:13-15 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

Please go back and read the scriptures ONE MORE TIME. My words are nothing. His Words are life and death and offer to us great gain in Christ!

Until next time, Lord willing!
Sharon                             



No comments:

Post a Comment