Friday, February 27, 2015

What Does God Say About Problems?



1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

One time as a younger wife in the ministry, I sat and poured out my heart to an older, much wiser Christian lady who quoted the above verse to me.  When she shared God's promise to me, I clung to It and it became a Rock to me to keep me straying in my thoughts of despair during times of trouble and problems.

You and I are going to face problems.  There is no two ways about it friends, we just are.  So what does God tell us about how to handle them?  Is there a blanket answer for all of us?  Can we really know what to do in every situation?  Let's take a look at the Bible and see.

We can have different types of distresses or problems and there are promises to be claimed for them all.  But no matter which type we are dealing with, we must always begin at the same spot:  Prayer.

Psalm 18:6 "In my distress (trouble, problems, afflictions), I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears." 

Our prayers made in truth to God will always be heard.  Grab hold of that fact and let that be where you begin "dealing" with your troubles.  Pray about them, really truly pray.

Let us ask ourselves what kind of problem are we facing:

Is it a People Problem?

Only you know the answer to the question.  Only you can take steps at resolving this situation. If you have prayed about it, then God will show you what to do. 

If you are in the wrong: Here is Jesus' answer on how to handle it.

Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

and,

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

and,

Matthew 18:15-20 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Much of what we encounter with day to day people problems can be solved in an instant by following God's plan of forgiveness.  I have seen HUGE people problems resolved by a simple hug and an I'm sorry. 

So my answer to Can God solve my "People Problems" is Yes.  He sure can. 

But, what if we are being manipulated and are totally unaware of another person's plans?  Like, let's say, Uriah in the Bible.  The poor man was just doing his job, fighting for King David, and all along he was being betrayed, humiliated and ultimately killed because of the sinful plotting of another human being.  And David wasn't just anyone, he was God's chosen man for the throne!  So, what then?  Is there a solution?  Yes.

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Give it to God.  Let Him deal with it in His PERFECTION and His GREATNESS.  While you wait on Him, claim these verses:

Proverbs 20:22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.

Romans 12:17-18 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

2 Thessalonians 1:5-6 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

Psalms 34:18-19 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Is it a Physical Problem?

Maybe it isn't a people problem.  Maybe your problems are physical?  Is there an answer?  Yes. 

One, God may not remove it or heal you from it if His plans are greater than your physical suffering, so He gives you His promises of how to endure:

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

A preacher friend of ours said it like this:  "When I can't do something for God's kingdom because of some physical, emotional, or financial weakness, it allows God to manifest HIS GREATNESS by doing it anyway.  It allows God to develop in me a reliance upon Him by forcing me to realize I cannot do these things in my own strength.

I suffer daily from arthritis. Not just a little, a lot.  People have made fun of me for acting "old".  I laugh with them, but inside I cry.  They think I am exaggerating or being funny, when in reality it hurts every time I have to stand and walk.  It is not easy to deal with pains people cannot see.  I hurt almost 100% of the time.  I have carried a lot physically in my life due to the extremes of where our ministry has taken us in the world.  And I literally have paid for it in my body.  Sometimes I pray that God would remove it and help me feel better as I try to care correctly for my body.  But, He hasn't removed this from me.  He hasn't delivered me from physical pain, so do I quit trusting in Him?  Do I determine that I must not be important to Him?  Absolutely not.  I trust in His grace.  It can be made perfect in me.  And one day if Alzheimer's completely takes my memory, I hope that someone will read the Word of God to me and comfort me if I have forgotten that His grace is sufficient.

Is it a Spiritual Problem?

Maybe your problems are not people related or physically related.  Maybe they are Spiritual.  Is there an answer?  Yes.

Psalms 3:8 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

There is NO SPIRITUAL problem that does not have an answer.  And the answer lies with the LORD.  Period.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (You can NOT be condemned for your past if you are walking after the Spirit in the present!)

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

So the spiritual problem has a solution, confession and then faith in God that He will do what He said He would do.


What I am trying to get us to see today is that IN GOD, there is a solution.  He gave us His Word and we ought to use it in order to confront any problem we face.  And in the end, we will have peace, be stronger and be settled.  Isn't that a wonderful promise?  You could just claim that!  Ask Him to allow you to experience what it is to be settled.  He will do it for you every time.  You just have to follow Him and not try and go off in your own direction. 

Are you suffering today?  Then be kind, because the chances are the lady next to you is as well.  Let's help each other instead of making the way harder.

Until next time, Lord willing,

Sheri




No comments:

Post a Comment