Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Are You Sealed Unto Life Everlasting?



“Mrs. Loyd, I need you to FAX my transcript to Stetson University.”
“I’ve already mailed it, Trevor.”

“I know, but they said they haven’t gotten it and all they need right now is the information on the transcript to begin the process. I have sent my application.”
“Ok, I will do that but remember, your entrance to Stetson requires an official transcript.”

“What is the difference? The grades don’t change. It has your signature.”
“I know, but it must be secured by our seal in order for it to be ‘official’ Trevor.  Anybody, anywhere can send a FAX to anyone they choose, but to be official, it must bare our seal. Understand?”
“Yes mam!” 

I smiled and thought, “I love these seniors. I hope I never lead them astray!”

Eph 1:13 & 14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

2Co 1:21 & 22 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

From that conversation with Trevor, I began to think of the school and church seal compared to God’s seal, the Holy Spirit. I’m so glad I have God’s seal of the Holy Spirit, aren’t you? What an opportunity to share God’s Word with students. Sometimes, God just drops these occasions in my lap but I wonder how many opportunities we have in a day’s time when God can’t depend on us to speak for Him.

SE'ALED, pp. Furnished with a seal; fastened with a seal; confirmed; closed.

I like that definition. CLOSED!  But before something can be closed, it must be opened. I did a study on the word “door” and if you want a different perspective on such a powerful word, go and read every verse that contains “door” and I believe you will walk away with an uplifted spirit that may drive you from your comfort zone to a territory of unopened doors for others.

Mrs. Carpenter, one of our second grade teachers, came to me and said that she had a student wanting to come to my office and talk about her salvation. I immediately sent for the seven year old and asked this question, “What is going on? Why are you here?” She very boldly said, “I need Jesus to come into my heart and save me. He will forgive my sins and I can go to heaven.”

Ps 119:130 ¶ The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
Re 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Ummmmm……wonder how she knew so much already? Her teacher had diligently prepared the ground, plowed it under with the seed and turned the sprinklers on. “Go get THE BOOK,” I told her. She walked over and picked up the big black Bible and brought it to the conference table. As we opened the Holy Scriptures, she read each one out loud and began to see exactly what she needed to do. I really didn’t have to do that much. The door to her heart had already been knocked on and she was ready to allow Him entrance. When she read Romans 10:9-13 her eyes lit up and she smiled at me. The most beautiful words flowed from this precious young girl.  The entrance of God’s Holy Spirit was simple, easy, and very comforting as she obeyed the call from Him to be born-again.  
After giving her more scripture to read, we walked over to the church, up the stairs to our baptistery and I explained that she needed to obey the scriptures now that she was saved and this meant, baptism. I pretended to be Pastor Andy (that’s a joke!) and dipped her down into the make believe water. She understood, completely, and will remember that day forever. It is important to create a visual for children and for that reason we returned to the Bible and she marked in the Holy Scriptures, Galatians 2:20 writing her name beside the verse and the date 2/20/15, the day of her salvation. In her own Bible in the classroom, she did the same.

Dr. Jesse Bloom told us more than once that many people get saved before they actually walk down the aisle to the Preacher because of their faith in Jesus Christ, not necessarily in the words we lead them through at that moment, BUT, that it is so very important for them to follow through reading the scriptures, marking them, and then actually calling on Jesus to forgive them as a sinner and come into their heart. I agree. Praise the Lord for the door offered to them to walk through and for the sealing of God’s Holy Spirit once they enter and the door is shut! I would like to expound on this in the next blog. 

May I ask you this question? Has the ground been tilled for you? Turned over and over and the seed planted ready to finish the process? Is He still knocking at your heart’s door? One day, the door will be shut, not by me, or by others, but by God Himself either to seal you to your destiny of an everlasting kingdom with Him or to an everlasting Hell. Once the door is shut, it cannot be opened, ever again. Don't wait and take that chance! God loves you and desires that "whosoever" calls on Him shall be saved.

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Until next time, Lord willing
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment