Thursday, January 15, 2015

Landmark



Have you ever wanted God to  just "POOF".... appear before you and tell you what is really going on in your life?  I have.  I can think on numerous times when I have been praying and weeping, snot running down my face, tears streaming out of my eyes, no words coming out of my mouth, but begging in my mind with a prayer similar to this; “God, please let me know that you are listening!  Do you hear me God?  Do you see me?  I can’t take this, please help me.” 

It is the absolute worse when you finally stand up after praying like that and all you get in return is a deafening silence.  Your mind starts to wonder if the writers of the song, “He knows my Name” even knew what they were talking about.  “If He knows my name, why isn’t He hearing my prayer?” you sarcastically comment to yourself.  Then you begin to make deals with Him and ask for a sign.  Maybe it is a butterfly, a rainbow or in my case, a woodpecker.  You are so desperate for confirmation of His ability to hear your prayers that you will do anything to convince yourself that He hears and sees you. But He stresses it quite clearly in both the Old Testament and New Testament, He hears you.

Psalms 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Life can find us in some pretty hard spots, let me tell you.  There we are living our lives, serving the Lord and then out of nowhere, BAM!  We are in the middle of a mess we never saw coming.  Nothing makes sense, our faith we sang about in church on Sunday dwindles to nothing as we begin to question everything.

I am writing this today on our journey because none of us knows what the coming months may bring.  And we need to place a landmark here that we can return to when we doubt whether or not God is paying any attention to us.  When He chooses to be silent, it will be for a reason, a perfect reason, and we will just need to trust and believe what His Word says is enough.  God has made us some promises and He will NOT go back on them.  Let’s list some and when you forget, or just feel as though you are all alone and no one cares, come back here.  Come back and read the Truth.

Psalms 139:1-6  O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
Psalms 94:14 For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

You may not “feel” it, but God is watching.  He sees you get yourself into a jam because of your sinful nature, and He will call your attention to it.  He sees when someone else makes your life miserable and He knows it hurts you, and He will not leave you to suffer alone.  Even in the most unfair of situations, He bends His ear and listens while your nose runs, your eyes are raw from crying and you are without real words.  He listens to your heart.  You don’t need a sign and you don’t need His audible voice if you will just believe He is who He says He is.  Run to Him, dwell in His presence and let Him show you just how much He can do.

Until next time, Lord willing,
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment