Thursday, March 12, 2015

Don't Quit!



Ps 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Ps 73:28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

What keeps you and me from trusting people? Hurt? What keeps you and me from trusting God? Hurt? Certainly it is not hurt caused by God, but by the hand of others. When we put more trust in man than we do God or in His way, we will get hurt every time.  If you disagree with me, that’s ok because I understand. Hurt, caused by people can create a feeling of mistrust towards that person and others, BUT hurt is not by God’s hand. We misplace God in this picture of life. This of course is an oxymoron. God can’t be misplaced…ever! He is the “placer” of all things including Himself!  He is perfect, omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent. That is our God! Now, since we have that settled, why do we not trust Him? You and I need to stop putting God on trial. We are not His judge but He is ours. Crawl off the big chair, pull up a pillow, and sit with me as we both look up. We have put our confidence in Him to save us; therefore, we must put our confidence in Him to help us. If we lose this confidence in Him, we will quit instead of plowing through in His care. DON’T QUIT!

We look down too often with our eyes on the circumstances around us instead of focusing on God. It is  possible to become fixed on God, if you please, and not fixed on the problem. It IS possible but it takes practice. If you have a minute, stop and write down your biggest need in life.  Tell God about it, right now, and trust that He will guide you to the truth about the matter. His Word will guide you to a better way to look at it, a better way to pray about it, and a better way to see it to the finish line. Don’t quit my friend; don’t quit trusting in God’s way! Again, may I say “His Word holds every truth you need.”

I write this post BEFORE my son-in-law begins a Bible study on Salvation with an elderly couple (80 years or older) in a town called Lages, Brazil. The story is too personal to share much more, and I don’t want to steal my daughter’s thunder when she shares with us, eventually, the results of this Bible study and God’s Holy Spirit power! But I will say that my friend in Christ, Josianne, has not quit! She has prayed for this couple, her parents, and now, we are joining her this week for the veil to be lifted from their eyes! I totally trust God as He has lead Mark and Sheri Edwards to minister to these folks, TRUSTING God to reach their hearts as they open up to Jesus Christ and understand that He loves them and has died for their sins!

We just can’t quit! Think with me.....

1.       When we quit we may stop a person’s name reaching heaven.
2.       When we quit we may cause doubt in others that there is a God in heaven.
3.       When we quit the weak are not supported. Acts 20:35
4.       When we quit we lack and have need of everything. I Thessalonians 4:11-12
5.       When we quit we relinquish His power in our life and live a weak, watered down life.
6.       When we quit we miss great blessings all packaged up for us while on earth!
7.       When we quit we don’t learn to push through the cloud, the crowds and crazies of this world.
8.       When we quit we hang on to the past, loaded down with regret not reaching forth to those things which are before us.  Philippians 3:13
9.       When we quit we lose the prize awaiting us in heaven.
10.   When we quit we become blind and cannot see anything except ourselves and become good for nothing but one quit after another!

Now, add your 100 to the above list and let’s roll up our sleeves and get to work!!! Will somebody shout, Hallelujah?

My Preacher wrote the following song and I want to share it with you. He gave me permission. You don’t need the tune as it is already in your memory bank. Sing with me this week these words to “The Old Rugged Cross!” Praise God, Jesus didn’t QUIT! He went to the cross, willingly, for you and for me. He hasn’t chosen certain ones to go to heaven. He died for ALL! Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  

Stanza 1
When it’s you that men hate and from you separate; 
bear in mind your eternal reward.
When it’s you they reproach and to you won’t approach, 
“Well done,” you will hear from our Lord!

Stanza 2
When your name they will shame, prophets suffered the same. 
Toward these foes, do not show any hate. 
Your reward will increase. Fear not trial; they will cease.
 Let us suffer and live for Christ’s sake.

Chorus:
In that day, you will see it was right. 
The reward of our faith will be sight. 
Your reward, it will be worth it all. 
So for Jesus, don’t quit, heed His call.

Don't Quit, and until next time Lord willing,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment