Monday, March 16, 2015

Battle of the Bulge




Mt 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you

On the second day of Missions Conference I woke up at 4:11 a.m. singing, “Here I am Lord. It is I Lord….” And while pouring my first cup coffee for the busy day, I smiled and told God that I would still go to any part of His world even as I approach my 69th birthday, anywhere, and do as He directed. I meant it! For many years my husband and I have committed ourselves to missions and would go as the Lord directed, but God has not given a green light to go into foreign missions full time, BUT He uses us to help others go! What a joy to work in our local church and see this happen in a variety of ways. Our church is probably like your church filled with people who love God allowing Him to use their talents to serve Him through missions. Through our local church the Great Commission is fulfilled as we see people who believe on Christ, get baptized and then are trained. Praise the Lord for the local church.

I looked at the numbers on my scale and thought, “Ok Sharon, it is time! You have gone all your life fighting yourself, not others in this matter of over eating. You know what works and you are not STUPID, although you feel that way.” I literally had a conversation with myself! The battle of the bulge had begun. I knew I stood at the top of the hill getting ready to plunge forward either by fluffing my wings and flying or yielding to my flesh and plunging into the valley, AGAIN! I checked myself for wings….no wings…but I knew the one who could supply the runway for the flight, thus I began the journey. I needed it to be a supernatural journey. “Show me, Lord,” I prayed. He did, and very quickly provided a person with an unusual plan which I needed to help me get started. I didn’t see it at first because I was too busy looking around it. I’m pretty good at looking “around” something. Eve and I are still relatives. How about you? Do you look for a better, easier way to accomplish something?

Eliminating sugar, white potatoes and white flour was my first decision to healthy eating. It has had an effect on me in more ways than one. I did not realize how much better I could feel after cleansing myself from these, not that they are bad all the time, but just so damaging for me as I became a slave to the fleshly desire to eat too much of a good thing! Elimination, remember that word as you think with me on The Great Commission. Maybe you have trouble understanding how you fit in this great call for every Christian. I would like to expound on it in Wednesday’s blog.

ELIMINA'TION, n. The act of expelling or throwing off.
REPLA'CING, ppr. Putting again in a former place; supplying the place of with a substitute.  

Some things (obsessions) may need to be eliminated in our lives while other things should be replaced with something better.

Our year long road trip to knowing God more, has not only been helpful to others but to me as well.  You see, once we commit or have a mindset as Sheri is teaching, we can do ALL things God places in our path. It’s not too difficult, folks. A peace that passes all understanding enters our lives. It is God through us, in us, for others and their cause. While we give of ourselves to the cause of Christ, Christ gives to us to give more. Does that make sense? We fail only because our eyes leave the “mission” at hand and begin to look “around” for something else.  The Great Commission is given to ALL OF US. I love that, don’t you? We all sit at the table with Jesus in the morning, drink our juice or coffee, and eat our bread, bacon or eggs while He gives us instructions for the day. Every day is different, but the goal is the same:  The Great Commission whether on the foreign field or right where you and I are at this very moment!

What keeps you from being a healthy Christian? Are you feeding on some bad stuff? Is it time to eliminate it all together or just maybe to replace some bad stuff with something that is much better? 
More about it all on Wednesday.

Until next time, Lord willing,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment